1. DarthBellic

OP DarthBellic Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So ive been taking a second stab at trying to get cps2 roms running on my wii, ive gotten mame roms (2000, and wii version (space invaders excluded idk why it wont work on either mame)) and idk what im doing wrong, ive tried multiple different roms, ive tried reinstalling retroarch, ive tried zipped and unzipped, and none seem to work
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    these were the two roms i was using for testing (got em from a rom pack), is there anything wrong with them, are they not supposed to be zipped? are the names wrong? im genuinly at a loss here

Attached Files:

2. DarthBellic

Newcomer

United States
    side question, does the mame 2003 core require different rom types than mame 2000?

3. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    For CPS2, it's not MAME, it's a different emulator. You need Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.29 roms.

MAME 2000 & 2003 require different roms too.

MAME 2000 : 0.37b5
    MAME 2003 : 0.78

All games must be zipped. Don't rename them. They're first recognized by their filenames in the emulator(and then their crc signature once extracted at startup).

4. DarthBellic

Newcomer

United States
    thx for the clarification, i shoulda been specific, im using mame 2003 plus, what type of rom set does that need?

and as for cps2 i cant go any further, i cannot for the life of me find any 0.2.97.29 rom sets (there are none on internet archive)

5. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
  6. DarthBellic

Newcomer

United States
    thx, heres hoping someone will make a new archive for those cps2 roms

7. DarthBellic

Newcomer

United States
    so i found some roms through a friend that he uses on his wii, and shits wierd. they wont work on my wii (attempt to load then boot to system menu). but they work on my just homebrewed 3ds? which also uses FBA 2012? What the hell?!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - assistance, emulation, Retroarch