Hacking I could really use some help :(

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I got everything up and running but i have 2 problems that are kicking me in the ass. First, I cant get my Preloader hacks to work. I keep getting the "your hacks for system 417 are not found" notice. Secondly i cant get my DVDX to work. I have the cios for usb2.0 installed and I have DVDx installed to ios 202 but its not working... PLEASE HELP!!!

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Ok, so I got everything up and running but i have 2 problems that are kicking me in the ass. First, I cant get my Preloader hacks to work. I keep getting the "your hacks for system 417 are not found" notice. Secondly i cant get my DVDX to work. I have the cios for usb2.0 installed and I have DVDx installed to ios 202 but its not working... PLEASE HELP!!!
1) Do you have "hacks.ini" in the root of the sd card and if you dont have it download softmii it comes with it just rename it from hacks.NTSC.ini > hacks.ini

2) Don't know much i just installed it and used it to see movies.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just re-formatted my card and once again placed the hacks ini in the root and preloader still isnt picking up on it
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

THIS PLACE IS NOT A BLOG.

God, LightyKD, every single time I see you post on a thread, you'd make it like a blog (Posting twice, thrice).

About the hacks.ini, are you using SDHC? Preloader does not support SDHC so use a normal SD Card, just once (Ya, launch Preloader, apply the hacks, and you're done).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
THIS PLACE IS NOT A BLOG.

God, LightyKD, every single time I see you post on a thread, you'd make it like a blog (Posting twice, thrice).

About the hacks.ini, are you using SDHC? Preloader does not support SDHC so use a normal SD Card, just once (Ya, launch Preloader, apply the hacks, and you're done).

Stop hatin on my blogging style and YED im using a standard SD card and im still getting the message.

D

Deleted User

But it's against the rules to double-post, triple-post for your case.

And yes, about the blogging style, I really meant double/triple post.

I think your problem lies within either the:

1)hacks.ini
2)SD Card

Let's run a troubleshoot. Make sure that the file is named hacks.ini (Not HACKS.INI or Hacks.ini) and placed in the root of your SD Card.

Then again, from your post history, I can see that you are running on Mac (Which I presume doesn't have Notepad to open the hacks.ini? I'm not familiar with Macs). So........ you gotta find a way to look into the hacks.ini and confirm the hacks version is 417 (Not 416 or 418).

If everything is confirmed, then the problem lies in your SD Card
frown.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Open your hacks.ini file on the computer and go to the very last line and hit enter.

It will make an empty line at the very bottom after all the hacks text.
Some people have reported thats why hacks dont show up.

Thats how its set up on mine and i have region free hacks.(Not sure if it works though because i dont have a game to test it)

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
SERIOUSLY NOTHING TO DO WITH HATIN OR BLOGS ....BUT USE THE FUCKING EDIT POST TAB OR YOUR GONNA GET A LOT OF HATE! LIKE THESE HERE CAPS DO! LOL

uninstall dvdx and just do the "normal" install if you do not have a modchip you dont need to specify the ios it installs on just click "normal install" also try a new hacks.ini using HIC (hacks INI creator) be sure to run Hacks.ini remover before adding your new and fresh hacks.ini file
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.