Time to stop Tron Bonne!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I changed my dashboard from unleash x to uix. I set up the ftp part correctly on uix, but filezilla isn't able to connect to my xbox anymore. It acts like its going to connect but then it says its unable and retries a couple times and just fails.

Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity

This is what happens.

Edit I tried editing the ftp settings on my pc and xbox again and I get this in filezilla now

Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

I dont know why it does this. Unleash x didn't have any issue with ftp I wonder why uix isnt working with ftp even though its there and seems to support it.

I restarted filezilla and ran it as administrater and it gave me this.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: PWD
Response: 257 ".xbox.hard.drive." .is.the.current.directory.
Error: Failed to parse returned path.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

It almost feels like everything I do always leads to another problem

Last edited by Coltonamore,

Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted a dashboard that was exactly like msdash mainly because of nostalgia. I still have the softmod installer with the expliot on the hard drive and the memory card I used to put it on there. Since uix has an option in its menu to launch other dashboards I will make another folder called dashboards and put unleash x in it and might put xbmc in there as well before puting uix as the main dashboard again. Then I could just launch unleash x if I want to ftp.

Update. I fixed it. I just put my Splinter Cell game into my Xbox and launched the exploit and was able to ftp from there so I got my default.xbe from unleash x and the leftover files from unleash x in the dashboard folder, and made a folder called dashes. I made a folder called unleash x, and put it in the dashes folder. I configured the dashes folder for the dashboard menu in uix and now I can launch unleash x from the dashboard menu and ftp straight from unleash x.

Last edited by Coltonamore, , Reason: I solved the problem I was having
Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Maybe i just add my 2 cents... after the softmod i used Filezilla and everything worked - but after the TSOP - FZ didn't work anymore, so i checked the web and saw, that Filezilla had some problems with something.. the solution was to get an other FTP program "CoreFTP" which workes now flawless with the xbox.

Reactions: MrCokeacola

Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I see. I haven't done a tsop to my Xbox but thanks for letting me know that. There is something about uix though that you still should have another dashboard for. If you ftp a new app, game or emulator you have to delete uix's save data from the save manager in another dashboard for uix to show what you just added. I can put up with it for a dashboard that looks and functions like the official one while being able to boot into other dashboards.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the version of UnleashX I have works fine with FileZilla.

When it comes to FTP, when you find something that works it's best not to fiddle with it.

Not sure what version of UnleashX I have, would need to boot up the Xbox for that :) (I might do that later I really do love Ninja Massive on it.)

My off topic recommendation for anyone with an Xbox get CoinOps Ninja Massive and the add on packs. So much fun :)

Reactions: Coltonamore

Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if it works, even if you have to use a workaround its better not to mess with the ftp stuff. Alright, I'll have to check that out. Well I'm gonna wait til I get a bigger hard drive for it. I'm still on the stock HDD.

Last edited by Coltonamore,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt