Hacking I can't write a thing to the card help!

StingX

Hates Technology
OP
Trophies
Website
www.360voice.com
XP
Country
United States
After grueling hours i've gotten everythin from pendrive drivers, to a usb hub from staples and reinstalling the udisk program. all thanks to another forum that doesnt exist.(sh)

No matter what I do I have the following problems

1.Can't use anything in the gba tab, like I can't even click
2.When I try writing a Ds game, i get the tab but after that...it never appears on the cart

Prince Medion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No idea bout the GBA part but for the DS, check the CD it came with (it's as mall as a GC disk) there are two files within that, that need to be placed in your flashcart's root area in order for DS games to be downloaded to it correctly.

Prince Medion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not it should also be included in the main installer you can get off the internet, it should be under Main>G6 loader> Whatever language (english is most likely the one you want) copy and paste those files in the root drive (the first place you see when you open up the drive the Flash cart is in, the one with all the folders.) then it should work. Again no idea about the GBA one sounds like a problem with the software not the hardware.

Edit: there are instructions included within the final folder, it will basically tell you to copy/paste the other two files into the root directory like I said above.

StingX

Hates Technology
OP
Trophies
Website
www.360voice.com
XP
Country
United States
And once again, did this to no avail. Still cant write anything
sleep.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need to be more specific for anyone to help you. what you're describing can happen if your g6 unit is sitting in your pocket. Are you sure the g6 lite is connected to the usb burner properly? Does a blue light come on when you plug in the usb burner to the usb slot? Does your computer recognize it as a new u-disk device? Did you select the proper drive when starting the u-disk manager to be the correct drive to write to? Be more specific and not make everyone stab in the dark.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A little more info to provide help please:

1) What OS are you running the UDisk program under?
2) Can you see the drive with a letter assigned to it?
3) Can you browse the drive using explorer?
4) If you can browse the drive what do you see on it?
5) Can you write to the drive directly?
6) Put it in your DS and boot with your pass device (I assume you have one). What do you see on the card there?
7) Do you have another computer you can hook it up to?

For sure don't use any pen drive drivers or a USB hub.

StingX

Hates Technology
OP
Trophies
Website
www.360voice.com
XP
Country
United States
1) What OS are you running the UDisk program under?

2) Can you see the drive with a letter assigned to it?
yes

3) Can you browse the drive using explorer?
yes

4) If you can browse the drive what do you see on it?
all the folders like backup, shell, gba, ds, etc

5) Can you write to the drive directly?
yes. and when I do this i have been in the last 10 minutes been able to play gba games but without any save feature (was told must write from udisk to do that

6) Put it in your DS and boot with your pass device (I assume you have one). What do you see on the card there?
all the folders, the files, the gba games, and two non working ds files

7) Do you have another computer you can hook it up to?
no

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A previous user had the same problem as you, there was one common thing... Win 98.

That's right.
Windows 98 does not support USB devices like this with full functionality. I don't even know if ME supports this (as it's the exact same thing as 98 except for WDM support).

I have a roommate who has TONS of problems with removeable storage under 98, and I don't even think the U-disk manager is made to even RUN under 98.

So, upgrade to XP. XP's been out....what...more than *FOUR* years now.
Windows 98 is about to become an EIGHT YEAR OLD OS. No wonder something that was released a few months ago doesn't run on it....

Prince Medion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He has yet another problem though, unless he pirates it he can't use it because he can't get his CD drive to work or something =_=

Dude, seriously get yourself a new computer XD

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm the other one who was having this problem and it sounds like it is indeed the exact same problem. Except that I have 98SE which is supposed to be supported by the G6 and as I pointed out in the other thread, this is not a USB problem as people keep saying, since the U-Disk Manager won't even write correctly to the hard drive. There's just some other incompatibility.

Anyway, StingX, if you bought the G6 to use for homebrew and GBA games, you can just use drag and drop through Windows Explorer. Then when you load up the G6, you can either go to the My Card section and select your game through that interface or--if you're willing to put a little more work in--you can use the nice G6 graphical interface, which just requires having the ROM in the right format, and an ICO icon file as well as save files (named *.0, *.1, *.2) all with the same filename as the ROM. There's a thread a bit down in this same forum that discusses the G6 icons and has downloads for a large collection of commercial game icons as well as a tool for making your own for the homebrew.

If it's DS ROMs that you want to use, you won't have so much luck. I've tried about 15 using drag and drop and while more than half of them have worked, the ones that didn't work were the bigger, better, nicer games that would be most worth pirating. Or perhaps you could just say that those are also the games that are most worth buying.

Otherwise, upgrade to XP or maybe Windows 2000, you should be able to obtain installations for those the same places you would get DS or GBA ROMs.

...word is bondage...

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 98SE apparently, and now I want to die >_<

I dont have enough memory and space for Windows 2000 even

How big is your HD? 5GB?

I bet hes using one of those 5.3 or 8.4 GB HD's that were popular around 1997...
I know I had one of them...

And PLEASE don't tell me you DON'T have 128MB of RAM at least.....
All windows 2k requires is 128MB Ram...

And if you don't have space, why don't you backup all your stuff and then reformat?
Of course if your CDROM isn't working (do you have a CDRW?? a DVD-RW would be better), then I guess you can't back up.
Oh god....what if you get a virus or FAT corruption and your entire HD gets wiped?

I suggest you start looking into ways to make money. Believe me there are ways.
Why aren't you in college ? No student loans or grants available? Did you already finish? Because if you were in school, there are ALWAYS ways to get money if you try hard enough...
Or did things really get that bad for you that you don't want to discuss it? (I can relate to that, but believe me, if you try hard enough, you CAN get money...you just have to be willing to do what is required (yes, legally)
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM