Hacking I can't use the touch screen on the R4 Gold 3DS (for DS games)..

TromboneFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't used my 3DS XL (not the "New" one) in quite some time but I really wanted to play some Picross 3D and when I loaded it up, I couldn't use the touch screen while on the R4 UI. I couldn't click the Start button or select anything with the stylus. Also, there's this funky text in the top left of the screen. To be honest, I couldn't remember if I could do that before... but I figured I should be able to. Here's a video of it.

https://vid.me/Whtk

Any help would be great. :D

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Looks like the kernel files are corrupted. Did you use the microSD card in something else lately, like a smartphone or some other device?

First back up the files from the microSD. Then download them from the website printed on the face of the flashcart and place them on the microSD.

TromboneFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the kernel files are corrupted. Did you use the microSD card in something else lately, like a smartphone or some other device?

First back up the files from the microSD. Then download them from the website printed on the face of the flashcart and place them on the microSD.

Y'know, that's exactly what I did. I'll try it and report back. Thanks!

TromboneFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I formatted the microSD card, downloaded the latest kernel, and placed it on the card and it's doing the same thing. Any other ideas?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Try formatting the card with SDFormatter 4.0 before copying the files.

Or maybe try a different card reader instead of that cheap no-name Chinese one that it came with. Or a different microSD card.

If anything, the flashcart could be broken. I had one just like yours and it was DOA:

images

The "Konami Digital Entertainment" icon was displayed, except it got stuck with a white screen of death. It was probably one of the solder joints that connected the microSD to the PCB. If one of those fails, it can have unexpected consequences, like not reading the files correctly.

Everywhere I looked it said that this flashcart has a high probability of breaking down. Very flimsy casing, cheap board, cheap everything. And I saw a thread around here a few weeks back where someone mentioned $38 deals for 20 pieces (and with 8 GB microSD cards included). Yes, they're that cheap. They printed them by the dozen and sold them for peanuts, with no QC done whatsoever.

TromboneFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying SDFormatter and another card (I'm already using a Sandisk card reader), I think it's just dead. Do you suggest that I buy another of the same flashcart or try another, and if so, which?

Thanks for your help

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If you are short on cash, buy another of the same card....
BUT! If you can get $40 you will not be disapointed with the DsTwo. It has emulator support, a built in processor, and is great. I could not recommend it enough.
I also have the entire NES , Atari2600 and GB/C librarys on mine.
It can also play GBA games :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...