Hacking I cant upgrade to 4.3E from 4.2E!

jesquinas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone.I write this post for getting ideas for my problem.I have a softmodded Wii 4.2E with Priiloader 0.4 + typical cIOS.The issue it that when I try upgrade to version 4.3E I get errors related with communications but I know that there isnt any comm problems.I suppose that upgrade process detects stuff like IOS58 (and more that I dont know) and denies upgrade.Other idea could be Priiloader (I dont have actives hacks,before I had but I deactivate them).May be deleting Priiloader could work but any idea more please?

Thx.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
What error code are you getting? You can get flaky connections with Ninty servers, even though your connection test may succeced. You do realise that updating will wipe out priiloader etc?

jesquinas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem.I have chip,I have HBC 1.0.8 and I have original Yu-gi-oh WB 5D's but.....Please,I want upgrade to 4.3 because I prefer it.
Isnt a flaky connection with Ninty servers because the same happened in the house of my girlfriend.Anycase my Internet connection is fine.The problem isnt the connection,the problem is inside the Wii.More ideas?

Thx.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The only difference menu-wise with 4.2/4.3 is AP updates. You can just update your IOS's via MultiModManager and you will be where you need to be. If you feel you need to install sysmenu 4.3 as well then feel free, your choice but its pretty pointless. Probably more people on 4.2 than 4.3 right now

WiiJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There was a problem with priiloader it prevented updates. Try removing priiloader, obviously be careful without the protection.
versions 0.6 and 0.7 are OK I believe.

jesquinas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiJohn said:
There was a problem with priiloader it prevented updates. Try removing priiloader, obviously be careful without the protection.
Yes,I think that my problem is related with Priiloader.Is safe deinstalling it or could I have brick issues in any circunstance?

Thx.

atrophis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesquinas said:
WiiJohn said:
Yes,I think that my problem is related with Priiloader.Is safe deinstalling it or could I have brick issues in any circunstance?

Thx.
There is always a chance of bricking when installing or uninstalling priiloader. Tho the chance is pretty low, I believe.

jesquinas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bazamuffin said:
It has a "block online updates" hack that can be disabled
Yes,it is disabled of course.I think that Im going to update to priiloader 0.6 and I will try again upgrade to 4.3 ( I know that I will lose priiloader in the upgrade...if it works).

Thx.

jesquinas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing,I deinstalled priiloader but it didnt work.When I try upgrade I obtain inmediately the 32007 error after the connection proof.Any idea more?
Could be that the 4.3 upgrade detects that the IOS70 (SM 4.2) and IOS 80 (SM 4.3) are patched?

Thx.

jesquinas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have installed a fresh SM 4.2 with Multi Mod Manager downladed with NUS Download and the 4.3 upgrade worked fine.
Thanks everyone,I had thought to do it with SM 4.3 and then retry the online upgrade.
One question: SM 4.3 downloaded with NUS download is v1 or v2?

Thx.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesquinas said:
I have installed a fresh SM 4.2 with Multi Mod Manager downladed with NUS Download and the 4.3 upgrade worked fine.
Thanks everyone,I had thought to do it with SM 4.3 and then retry the online upgrade.

Thx.

There is only one system menu 4.3, the difference between the v1 and v2 updates are the in the ios's and not the system menu.

-Erik

jesquinas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
jesquinas said:

Thx.

There is only one system menu 4.3, the difference between the v1 and v2 updates are the in the ios's and not the system menu.

-Erik
Ok :-)

Thanks

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
jesquinas said:
No problem.I have chip,I have HBC 1.0.8 and I have original Yu-gi-oh WB 5D's but.....Please,I want upgrade to 4.3 because I prefer it.
For absoloutly no reason at all?
Bit weird aint it?
You're messing with priiloader and system menu ios'. This is how bricks happen all because you want a different number in your settings menu, your functionality and appearance is 100% the same so no idea why you won't let this go and just stay with 4.2 and enjoy having a wii. Imagine you finally got 4.3 on, then bricked it installing a newer priiloader, that'd be a bit of a pisser wouldn't it.

If it aint broke don't fix it. (system menu not updating is NOT broken, its a friggin blessing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool