Hacking I Can't update my wii

smashmna98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Iv'e been searching around for quite a while now but i cant find any guides or situations that are completely like my own. I recently hacked a friends wii (this is not my first time) and for some reason my friend wanted to go back to normal non softmodded wii so i figured it would be as easy as jumping back to the settings and formatting (yes that was stupid of me) and now its on 3.4u like it was before but heres all the hacks are still in place minus the hombrew channel. Then i figured i'd just pop in a game disc that required an update and it was updating and it said update failed. thats not good becuz now i cant use my 8 gig to virginize the wii so could someone please help

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think either way, you're gonna need a non-SDHC card to either restore a NAND back-up from bootmii@boot2 (if possible) or reinstall the HBC.....from there, you can revirginize....

smashmna98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to rehack the wii and update to 4.1, I also have a much smaller 128 mb sd card that i could use to reinstall the hbc i just need to be able to use this sdhc forget about the virginizing i dont feel like making 2 big mistakes in one day

ps thanks for the quick response

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would think that would work...

use hackmii installer to install HBC and bootmii at boot2. if you can get bootmii@boot2, then make a NAND back-up.

when installing 4.1 (or 4.2), also install the appropriate sysmenu IOS (IOS60 for 4.1, IOS70 for 4.2)...if you install the SM without the proper SM IOS, you will brick.....bootmii@boot2 is your safety net for this.....

edit: fattest's advice on using that guide is good advice.....xflax's modmii is also a great guide

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also having problems updating it the official way and getting the Wii Shop Channel to work. Everyone says it freezes on them and they don't even have hacked Wii's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?