Hacking I can't seem to get lolSNES to work on my R4iGold

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,833
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
I recently downloaded lolSNES, which is a SNES emulator for DS, and I've been having, well, an issue with it.
I took a video (that is horrendously shot, since my 3DS isn't modded for video capture) of what happens when I boot lolSNES:

I only have one SNES rom on the root folder of my micro SD card, and it's Earthbound. Is there a folder I'm supposed to put the SNES ROMs into or something?
EDIT:
I think I didn't mention that I was using an R4i Gold
Never mind, I wrote it in the thread title.

Yugimumoto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't tested it myself, but earthbound has a wacky way of doing it's graphics. that's why it was released so late in the SNES' lifetime. lolsnes can't emulate the graphics correctly so combine the two and you get a no go. but of course if you do something and it works you've proven me wrong

D

Deleted User

OP
i haven't tested it myself, but earthbound has a wacky way of doing it's graphics. that's why it was released so late in the SNES' lifetime. lolsnes can't emulate the graphics correctly so combine the two and you get a no go. but of course if you do something and it works you've proven me wrong

Yeah, Earthbound appears now, but when I select it, I still get the Guru Meditation error.

D

Deleted User

OP
SNEmulDS makes Earthbound's music sound jumpy and high pitched, and I've been tooling around with the settings for a few minutes now, and the graphics look... uh... glitchy...I guess?
It honestly looks more like something that you would get out of a Vinesauce corruption stream at times...

Yugimumoto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the thing is the DS isn't capable of running snes graphics correctly. so it will never look good on a ds but snemulds has a function in it's settings to move the graphic layer around. just be wary that when i tried it with shin megami tensei, the music cut out and it still looked like crap.

and just letting you know it's a hardware issue that the graphics don't work correctly. all games have the same problem.

albertar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only capable device to run snes games are the snes, retro duo or like clone devices, and rasp berry pi portables that i've found

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psp with SNES9x styl (or something to that effect) will get you the best emulation possible on a portable video game system. android does better tho
Agreed - very good and you can automatically launch your last game when you pick SNES9x out of the PSP menu. Weighs practically nothing -- makes the 3DS or Vita feel like a book.

Yugimumoto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed - very good and you can automatically launch your last game when you pick SNES9x out of the PSP menu. Weighs practically nothing -- makes the 3DS or Vita feel like a book.

the problem is that kyakuu megami tensei and smt 2 have slowdown issues. smt 2 is fixable but kmt crashes if you try to do the same thing. so in short, it ain't perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.