ROM Hack I can't seem to correctly download GodMode9 v1.9.1

CrispyEgg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(2ds is version 1.13) I downloaded GodMode9 v1.9.1 and every time i try to get into it, it instead, puts me at the home screen.

Here are the things i have tried but instead failed:
-renaming the "GodMode9.firm" to a different button like X_GodMode9.firm"
-went through luma (LShoulder, DPad Down, Select) to reboot it and then press the button that puts me into GodMode9 (resulted in black screens that does not return me to the home page)

I have followed the 3ds hacks guide and it has been wonderful until this point. If there is a way to fix it or to delete all the 3ds hacks that would be wonderful

Last edited by CrispyEgg,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you boot the system while holding Select, which version of Luma3DS is displayed on the Luma config screen? Does it say it was booted by B9S from the SD or from the NAND?

CrispyEgg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you boot the system while holding Select, which version of Luma3DS is displayed on the Luma config screen? Does it say it was booted by B9S from the SD or from the NAND?
That may be my problem it does not open Luma3ds when i push select, any fixes for that?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That may be my problem it does not open Luma3ds when i push select, any fixes for that?
Power off the system. Press and hold Select. Turn on the system while continuing to hold Select.

If this does not load the Luma config screen, then you probably don't have B9S nor Luma3DS installed. Your system is not hacked. You can also check this by going into the system settings and checking the system version string.

CrispyEgg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Power off the system. Press and hold Select. Turn on the system while continuing to hold Select.

If this does not load the Luma config screen, then you probably don't have B9S nor Luma3DS installed. Your system is not hacked. You can also check this by going into the system settings and checking the system version string.
ok it opened the luma 3ds so thats installed, how do i check what it was boosted by? (sorry im new to this)

Last edited by CrispyEgg,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it opened the luma 3ds so thats installed, how do i check what it was boosted by? (sorry im new to this)
Which version of Luma3DS is displayed at the top?
At the bottom, there should be something, probably in red text, saying it loaded from B9S either from the SD or the NAND.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v10.2, Boosted from SD via B9S(in yellow)
If that's the case, then you need to make sure GodMode9.firm is in /luma/payloads/, and you need to make sure you have at least two payloads in there (due to a screen init glitch with GodMode9). If need be, make a copy of GodMode9.firm and rename it something else.

Edit: I mistakenly said bin instead of firm. It's fixed.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: CrispyEgg

CrispyEgg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case, then you need to make sure GodMode9.firm is in /luma/payloads/, and you need to make sure you have at least two payloads in there (due to a screen init glitch with GodMode9). If need be, make a copy of GodMode9.firm and rename it something else.

Edit: I mistakenly said bin instead of firm. It's fixed.
Oh My God thank you so much it works, i thought i could not hack my ds ever again

Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.