I can't save my games on GBA Explorer - EZ Flash. Please help!

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by knighTeen87, Aug 24, 2012.

1. knighTeen87
    OP

Newcomer knighTeen87 Advanced Member

Turkey
    I'm using an EZ Flash card with GBA Explorer tool to play GBA games on my DS Lite. Sadly, i can boot my games but can't save my games. So can you tell me how to save games step by step please? Cuz i want to play Dragon Quest Monsters 3: Caravan Heart
    Thanx for the help!

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Dragon Quest Monsters 3: Caravan Heart uses EEPROM. Since your saves are not working properly, it means you have to manually SRAM patch the ROM before you can use it.

1. Goto filetrip (the download section on the menu bar at the top of this page) or search for your GBA SRAM patch tool you prefer.
    2. patch your game. (done on your comp)

Then copy it to your microSD and try using that version of the game you just patched.

1 person likes this.
  3. knighTeen87
    OP

Turkey

Man, i used the GBA Patch Tool and it's SRAM Patcher to patch it. I tried the new version still it didn't work. GBA Explorer's menus are a little complicated. Do you think it's only way?

4. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Instructions are in the bottom box on the bottom screen, you don't need a tutorial on how to use it. Comes in the form of

(Button you push) : What it does

Warning: Spoilers inside!

---

Since you got problems with patching, use a windows one if the command line versions gives you problem.

5. knighTeen87
    OP

Turkey
    I'm running the game with A button, selecting "New Game (New save)" from the list and when i restart the game there is not any save files :)

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Make sure your microSD has the required folders in the main directory. Any saves go in the GBA_SAVE folder. Everything in red is required.

[​IMG]

---

If your still having problems, it is likely the way your patching the game is incorrect.