Hacking I cant Reformat IEdge To Reinstall even If I system Format!

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Recently i upgraded from my phat ds, to a dsi xl and consequently from an edge cart to a iedge.

I tried to install the iedge, and ultimately it worked. I enjoyed many games on it, but many emulators didnt work
frown.gif
But aside from that, i didnt mind, as i didnt expect everything to work on the dsi.

What bothered me was that when i boot it up, i still have to select the "Sodoku" icon to get to the edge menu.

From what i read it is meant to boot directly to the edge menu just like the old edge cart did on the old DS.

Having read that, i tried a system format on my dsi xl and then i formatted my sd card and re-installed, and still i have the same issue. In fact, when i reformated both card and dsi xl i still had the sodoku menu on my dsi xl when i booted.

Can anyone confirm is the Iedge menu meant to boot directly when you turn it on, and also how can i reinstall this so that i do not have to select sodoku each time i want to access the edge menu for my homebrew?

Many thanks for reading this, and for any help.

Wiisii

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
@Wiisee "Can anyone confirm is the Iedge menu meant to boot directly when you turn it on."

A big No. Only an ordinary Edge for the Ds Phat , Ds-lite boot directly.

Because the DSi or a Dsi xl got a different menu system that of a Ds phat or a Ds-Lite

You got to have the Sudoku icon for the iEDGE to run 1.4 firmware on the DSi.

Yes you select the sudoku icon to run the iEDGE.

No you cannot change the icon.

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
taken said:
@Wiisee "Can anyone confirm is the Iedge menu meant to boot directly when you turn it on."

A big No. Only an ordinary Edge for the Ds Phat , Ds-lite boot directly.

Because the DSi or a Dsi xl got a different menu system that of a Ds phat or a Ds-Lite

You got to have the Sudoku icon for the iEDGE to run 1.4 firmware on the DSi.

Yes you select the sudoku icon to run the iEDGE.

No you cannot change the icon.

Just wanted to add a big thanks for this. Ive been working recently a lot, and have had no time to get on to check this/reply/thank.

This solves my worry, at least now i can relax.

Thanks again for the help.

Wiisee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂