Hardware I cant make GBA ROMS run on M3. Help?

aegen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I have the following:

1. M3 Mini-SD
2. Passcard 3
3. Golden Sun 1(Mode7), Golden Sun 2(Megaroms)
4. NDS Lite

Problem: It is my first attempt to run GBA games on my M3 adapter and so far I failed miserably. I used the M3 game manager for both games and still white screen. I did dirent copy to the mini-SD and still nothing. What am I doing wrong? M3 supposed to have 100% GBA compatibility but so far I am not able to play in GBA mode. Is there anything else I need to do? Patches? Software? Please help. How do you play GBA games in NDS?

Thanks.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
Did you try every patching setting of the M3 game save manager? I play with pokemon fire red (that is a tricky rom also because it needed a hex editing patch to run on EZFA) and it works flawlessly. IIRC I patched it woth hardware+software patching in the manager.

aegen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried Software, Hardware + Software, as well as Hardware patch in the M3 Game Manager v25 and still white screen.
frown.gif

aegen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. I tried both. With the PAsscard 3 inserted, by pressing start in the M3 menu which boots the GBA screen. I also tried using without the Passcard 3 inserted and go to GBA mode in the NDS screen. But when i try to load the a GBA game nothing comes up but white screen.

This really is bugging me as to why it is not working on my DS.

aegen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. I remember formatting my SD using FAT 16. What format mode should i be using to run GBA games?

S

Solidstate

When loading the game press the START button to select it rather than pressing A or B.

Took me ages to figure this out - I wanted to play Rhythm Tengoku but the loading just stuck at "0K "

aegen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks everyone for your help. i will format the sd to fat 32, after i backed up my nds game saves.

thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things