Hacking I can't make 6.60 Pro C or C2 permanent on my PSP 1001 Phat

Ton_Lang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey everyone!

I seem to be having quite a number of problems while trying to install a permanent cfw for my psp 1001 Phat.

I followed these instructions

Both of them work until the last part when it is time to press the home button to exit the infinity bootloader configuration

Every time I load infinity bootloader configuration and it is time to exit, my home button does not work so my psp cannot exit infinity bootloader and complete the process. I am left with no choice but to manually turn off the PSP. Once rebooted, I check the system information and I see Version 6.61 infinity logo only meaning the pro c cfw did not become permanent. I have used chronoswitch to reflash ofw 6.61 and reformatted the memory stick each time I follow the processes in the videos.

My home button works normally.

Also btw. after I install 6.61 pro c using updater, when I press the select button, vhs menu does not show.

Any help would be much appreciated!

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a 1000 series PSP there's no reason to use Infinity. Just install PRO C and then run the CIPL Flasher included in the official release. The CIPL Flasher only works on 1000 series models (and some 2000 models) and makes PRO C permanent. Infinity was designed for the later models that needed a different method to make CFW permanent. It's since been upgraded, but for all intents and purposes it's not needed for Phat models.

Also, never use youtube tutorials for modding. They're often wrong and almost immediately out of date in most cases.

Ton_Lang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you have a 1000 series PSP there's no reason to use Infinity. Just install PRO C and then run the CIPL Flasher included in the official release. The CIPL Flasher only works on 1000 series models (and some 2000 models) and makes PRO C permanent. Infinity was designed for the later models that needed a different method to make CFW permanent. It's since been upgraded, but for all intents and purposes it's not needed for Phat models.

Also, never use youtube tutorials for modding. They're often wrong and almost immediately out of date in most cases.

Thanks for your answer. I tried what you said and reflashed back to 6.61 OFW then used 6.61 Pro C updater and CIPL flasher however, after reboot, the cfw is still not present and psp reverts back to Version 6.61 OFW.

Ton_Lang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have resolved the issue by replacing the flex cable for the home bar, d-pad and right buttons. All is working now and the cfw is now permanent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night