Homebrew I can't homebrew my 2ds

MartFN_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm using the DSiWare method, I do EVERYTHING right (I've been trying for 4 months it's almost impossible I'm doing something wrong, but who knows) and it says there was an error , the [settings] app was closed and the console will restart.

I homebrewed my 2DS before but I didn't really want it so I removed it a few hours later.

Now that I found there is CTGP for Mario Kart 7 and a Miiverse revival, I really wanted to get homebrew.

Reactions: Shadow#1

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the DSiWare method, I do EVERYTHING right (I've been trying for 4 months it's almost impossible I'm doing something wrong, but who knows) and it says there was an error , the [settings] app was closed and the console will restart.

I homebrewed my 2DS before but I didn't really want it so I removed it a few hours later.

Now that I found there is CTGP for Mario Kart 7 and a Miiverse revival, I really wanted to get homebrew.
Then u will have to do this guide

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html

Reactions: MrCokeacola

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wrong. How to do CTRTransfer without CFW installed?

Please try an older method (Pichaxx/Frogtool)
https://3ds.hacks.guide/legacy-methods

If all possible paths with Seedminer fail this leaves:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

Good luck and have fun!

MartFN_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm using another method now, everything is going fine, but now I can't launch GodMode9 (I hold start when the 2ds boots and, either nothing happens while i'm holding it, or i stop holding it and nothing happens, or it just goes to the HOME menu.)

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
There have been a number of reports of issues with GodMode9 lately. Apparently they can be resolved if you put another .firm file in the payload folder. You could just copy the GodMode9.firm file and put it there. The point is you need more than one.

MartFN_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There have been a number of reports of issues with GodMode9 lately. Apparently they can be resolved if you put another .firm file in the payload folder. You could just copy the GodMode9.firm file and put it there. The point is you need more than one.
So... I'll clone the file? [therefore, having two GodMode9.firm files in the same luma/payloads folder?]

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... I'll clone the file? [therefore, having two GodMode9.firm files in the same luma/payloads folder?]
Yes. Or put an additional older GodMode9 version there. Or some Luma firm. Whatever. When there is more than one payload Luma3DS opens the chainloader menu asking which one to boot when holding (Start) on power on.
This is a workaround for the current problems with GodMode9. A fix is in the latest source but no new release at the moment.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

MartFN_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes. Or put an additional older GodMode9 version there. Or some Luma firm. Whatever. When there is more than one payload Luma3DS opens the chainloader menu asking which one to boot when holding (Start) on power on.
I saw the chainloader in a troubleshoot guide a few minutes ago,I thought that could be a solution, I just didn't know how to access it. I'll see if that fixes it.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you elaborate on the miiverse thing for it?
Miiverse was a shoddy attempt at recreating miiverse that nintendo shut down. There hasnt really been much that got created and i dont even know if the homebrew miiverse is even up and running right now.

MartFN_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can you elaborate on the miiverse thing for it?
There was something called Riiverse, it was a revival for Miiverse, since I got my 2DS in Late 2016, I never really had much time to experience Miiverse, so I was happy to know Riiverse existed. Sadly, after I homebrewed my 2DS, I went to the Riiverse website and the guy behind it cancelled it :(

[Maybe] When the Online connection for the 3DS ends, people will start making replacements for the internet stuff [like they did on the wii] and a real Miiverse revival might exist then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality