Hacking I cant get red steel 2 working AT all (tried ALL solutions)

user2145

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really pissing me off because of all the games i have backups of this is the SINGLE god damn game i actually want to play and its the ONLY one that will not load. Im using dx2 v6 ios on 249 (no idea if im even saying it right) and the loader is Config USB V70. Ive tried the alt.dol method but out of 3 backups ive tried NONE of them have an alt dol only a Main.dol (which causes a bad nagic error [not an M]. I own WSR so i loaded that to see if somehow my motion plus video reset itself, but that boots no issues, Ive tried installing several new IOS hoping one of them would run it, but every fucking time i click play i get a bad nagic code, which is especially annoying because apparently everyone else is getting a "bad magic" error but my error is very clearly an N not an M. Im at a total loss here, does anybody have ANY idea how to get this game to run

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried all solutions? Have you tried formatting the drive and copying over all games again? Made another backup/download the game again?

user2145

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not going to format the drive because the issue is with one game and it would take hours to move everything off and back on, seems like troubleshooting hardware everytime internet explorer crashes. And yes i have tried 3 different backups all to no avail

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If there's no alternate DOL, the dump is likely corrupted or tampered with, although having 3 dumps does make it VERY unlikely...

IIRC, the latest version of d2x (cIOS 249) is 23 or something around there. If that doesn't work, try Hermes cIOS222 v5.

Modmii can get those for you.

user2145

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im fairly sure all the versions i got were "scrubbed", but i see people in the comments saying it works fine with their Softmodded wii's which is rather frustrating (highly likely i got the same ISO from diff places). I think this is too much trouble, ill just go to gamestop and pick it up for 10 bucks and run it from the DVD ( assuming that works with no issues). Thanks for the help, i kinda figured it was a corrupt file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself