I can't get anything to work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by webyugioh, Sep 28, 2007.

1. webyugioh
    OP

webyugioh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2007
    10KM East of Nowhere
    OK, i have a NTSC-U Wii and i updated to the firmware 3.0 before i got my wiikey installed.
    I've got the Update 1.9b working and i updated and i got the 1.3 config disc working.
    When i put in a backup copy of metroid prime 3, it either does not see the disk and the big question mark pops up or it says there has been a problem and i need to eject the disc and restart the console.
    For gamecube games, i put one in and my wii sees it as a gamecube game but when i click start, my wii resets its self.
    THen i start the GCOS that comes with the wiikey 1.3 config disk and then i put in my gamecube game and no matter what button i press the screen turns green or it just shows files like "boot.dol" and i click on it and it just freezes on the GCOS backround and does nothing.

I am new to this so please help me and sorry if this has allready been addressed.

I am burning on Memorex DVD+R's and DVD-RW's and i don't think its the media because the config disks work on them.

Thank you

2. sidneyyoung

sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 29, 2006
    Bangladesh
    make sure to burn the discs at a slow speed x4 or try x8

3. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    i've almost always had a problem with memorex

try with verbatim dvd-r at 4x and/or 8x

4. webyugioh
    OP

Sep 17, 2007
    10KM East of Nowhere
    I've been burning them all at 4x, though i have not tried 8x yet, so i might try it.
    and i might get some verbatim dvd-r soon and see if they work better

But does anyone know what it means whey your wii comes up and says there is an error and i need to eject the disk and restart?

5. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    It means your Wii is pissed at you for using fake games.

6. webyugioh
    OP

Sep 17, 2007
    10KM East of Nowhere
    I've got Gamecube games working allright, but when i put in Metroid 3 in it sees it and show the logo, but when i hit start, it just goes black and stays there.

it think it is disc problems
    I guess memorex DVDs suck, so anyone know if sony DVD-R's are any good?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice