I can't get any homebrew to work...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tRiBaLmUnKy, Jun 23, 2006.

Jun 23, 2006
  1. tRiBaLmUnKy
    OP

Member tRiBaLmUnKy GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Like the topic says, I can't get any homebrewed code to boot. I've been trying for the better part of the day trying to get at least SCUMMVM DS working, I've followed the directions very closely. Just to see if I wasn't going crazy, I can't even get PicoDrive to work. Has anyone with an EZ4 Lite been able to boot homebrew stuff at all?

2. davr

Newcomer davr Member

Featured Posts:
    Afghanistan
    (note, i have no experience with ez4, this is just general tips. hope it helps)
    1. make sure you're running in DS mode
    2. try running both the .ds.gba version and the .nds version of the homebrew.
    3. try starting with A button, and also try with the START button (an issue on some other carts...dont know if this applies).

I've heard others complaining of poor homebrew support on the ez4 as well, so you're not alone. try searching around a bit to see if anyone else is having the same problems, and what they have done to solve it.

good luck!

3. tRiBaLmUnKy
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    1. It is, I'm on the NDSLoader

2. Did this, many times...

3. You can only use the A button in the loader to select. Start doesn't do anything.

4. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    I don't have my EZ4L yet, but as far as I know Picodrive doesn't work on. I don't know about ScummVM...

5. tRiBaLmUnKy
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Forget it, I got it working. Apparently WinRar does a better job of making zip files with no compression than WinZip.