Hacking Question I can't boot into RCM on my Switch.

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
I've been trying this, for, how long now? Half an hour? I had this shitty 3D printed paperclip jig, tried using that, didn't fit in my switch. Fuck me. Then I ripped out the paperclip, been trying that for awhile now. Someone help.

YES I've been pressing down vol up + power button. Thanks for helping me.
I've bought the Switch in May, so it can't be a patched unit.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I had the same problem, and it was the paperclip's fault - I bought a better jig and worked first time I tried. I would return the jig if you can and get another one. The second jig used copper wire, I don't know if that was a factor but it is something to look at getting in case it helps.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helpful, thanks!!!
How many people do you need to tell you that a monkey can fanagle a piece of metal in order to get in rcm?

You've been here for months and just now making a thread asking for tips on how to a very basic action? Ask the people in the 50 discord servers you're in as well. Other than sending a specialized robot to your house how can someone do it for you?

Remove your nand is you're so inclined, enable autorcm and then put the nand back.

^is that helpful enough

Last edited by TheZander,

JellyPerson

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
How many people do you need to tell you that a monkey can fanagle a piece of metal in order to get in rcm?

You've been here for months and just now making a thread asking for tips on how to a very basic action? Ask the people in the 50 discord servers you're in as well. Other than sending a specialized robot to your house how can someone do it for you?

Remove your nand is you're so inclined, enable autorcm and then put the nand back.

^is that helpful enough
Dude. I know how to get into RCM. Problem is, I don't have such a level of dexterity as to bend a piece of metal correctly. My hands are quite shaky. I'd probably take your advice and buy a jig anyway. Thanks.

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made the metric rebuild for the paperclip jig. Works great! I have to watch out for the alignment of the pins but it barley touches the pins as the leads are hitting the ground.
I'm quite proud :D

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude. I know how to get into RCM. Problem is, I don't have such a level of dexterity as to bend a piece of metal correctly. My hands are quite shaky. I'd probably take your advice and buy a jig anyway. Thanks.
For what it's worth i used a tiny screw driver like one for iPhone screws and put it in sideways and that worked for me better than a paper clip.

Like this 20180922_210547.jpg

Last edited by TheZander,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can't understand what the resistance to buying a proper jig could possibly be. They're easy to get, super cheap, and it will instantly solve your problem without damaging your Switch.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd link you a video that shows how to use foil as a substitute for a jig, a method i know works since i use it myself but i know i'd get bitched at so i wont. Amazon should have cheap jigs. If not, the R4S or Atmosphere dongles come with quality jigs

JellyPerson

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
I'd link you a video that shows how to use foil as a substitute for a jig, a method i know works since i use it myself but i know i'd get bitched at so i wont. Amazon should have cheap jigs. If not, the R4S or Atmosphere dongles come with quality jigs
did the tinfoil trick. gonna install autorcm so i don't actually destroy my switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Taking more time to load the page than to fire up the paper towel is an issue
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Females have burnt me worse