I can't believe I have to ask this for the 4th time now, but how do I set up Luma to boot without the SD inserted,

mcclainaj05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To sum it up, I recently updated Luma on my SD, but now I want to know how I set up the latest version of Luma to boot regardless of if the SD is inserted or not.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To sum it up, I recently updated Luma on my SD, but now I want to know how I set up the latest version of Luma to boot regardless of if the SD is inserted or not.
If u update via Universal Updater it will be auto copied to ctrnand

mcclainaj05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ok, after reading the 3ds.hacks.guide, under the page "Restoring/Updating CFW," it reads by the end that after copying and pasting boot.3dsx and boot.firm from the Luma file, that it is then updated on both SD and internal memory, so I think that's what @Dartz150 was referring to when he said, "copied automatically."

mcclainaj05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
its likely that any update forward should auto copy the file to the ctrnand. It should help make things easier.
So it's already updated then?

(Also, random tidbit: I just read that I'm a "Well-known Member," have I really had to ask that many questions on this site before? lol)

xMarvin732

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
get godmode9, start 3ds with start button and power button.
Press home button go to "Scripts", choose GM9Megascript, then select "Scripts from Plailect's Guide"
choose "Setup Luma3DS to CTRNAND" confirm it with A, then it tells you that SysNAND is locked and you have to unlock it by confirming with A and imput the shown pattern.
After that it should be done.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
get godmode9, start 3ds with start button and power button.
Press home button go to "Scripts", choose GM9Megascript, then select "Scripts from Plailect's Guide"
choose "Setup Luma3DS to CTRNAND" confirm it with A, then it tells you that SysNAND is locked and you have to unlock it by confirming with A and imput the shown pattern.
After that it should be done.
Not needed the latest version of Luma automatically does this for you.

https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases

Screenshot_20220630-235347_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: