Hacking I can't access my old sysNAND and CIA games are missing in emuNAND.

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was able to back up my old folders into my micro SD in my N3DS and injected my 9.5 emuNAND, as well. Now the first problem I have is it won't boot up my old sysNAND every time I start up my N3DS. It keeps booting into a new sysNAND and creates a new folder. I've tried to delete the folder a few times, but it keeps booting into a new sysNAND and creates a folder each time. Is there any way I can force my N3DS to boot the one I already have in the micro SD?

The good news is I was able to salvage my emuNAND, but the bad news is there are a bunch of CIA's missing, and I don't remember what they are. I can see that the emuNAND folder is taking up a lot of space in my micro SD, but I don't want to see all that space go to waste since I don't know which games are causing it. Is it possible to know which games I've installed in emuNAND so I can try to reinstall and restore them?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You formatted your sysnand at some point (to unlink emunand perhaps), this changed it and created a new one, you can't just put your old files and expect them to work. You can delete those folders a thousand times and your 3DS will remake them every time because this folders are the new one. You are at a loss here, you can't get that info back just by putting the old folders intothe SD.

As the "missing cias", it's clear that your folder backup was made after the emunand.bin backup, so all those cias installed in between that period of time aren't written into emunand so it doesn't see them there.

Unless you remember which ones they are and install them again you can't do anything else.

You have to learn to make full backups at the same time, emunand + folder transfer together and not at different times, that's an easy way to get files left behind.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about the old sysnand, most likely it cannot be salvaged.

As for your EmuNAND, I've run into that problem before. The data is still there but your old EmuNAND doesn't recognize it. The way to solve it is to reinstall the CIAs.
It will give you error messages, do not worry. Install the CIAs for all your other missing games and go through the errors too.
Go back to home menu and they'll reappear as presents.
If you don't remember, try all of your CIAs :creep:. I use Socketpunch with FBI wireless to mass error install when I was experimenting with switching EmuNANDs.

Note: Any Pokemon game saves (the CIA ones) you have are screwed. It's the way the saves are done in XY and ORAS. This only applies if the PKMN game was a missing one

Edit: My NANDs were unlinked btw

Last edited by CheeseCake,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So I was able to back up my old folders into my micro SD in my N3DS and injected my 9.5 emuNAND, as well. Now the first problem I have is it won't boot up my old sysNAND every time I start up my N3DS. It keeps booting into a new sysNAND and creates a new folder. I've tried to delete the folder a few times, but it keeps booting into a new sysNAND and creates a folder each time. Is there any way I can force my N3DS to boot the one I already have in the micro SD?

The good news is I was able to salvage my emuNAND, but the bad news is there are a bunch of CIA's missing, and I don't remember what they are. I can see that the emuNAND folder is taking up a lot of space in my micro SD, but I don't want to see all that space go to waste since I don't know which games are causing it. Is it possible to know which games I've installed in emuNAND so I can try to reinstall and restore them?
Old folders was it from the N3DS you are working with now or was it from another 3DS?
If it keeps creating the new folder, you must have formatted your sysnand at some point (if it's the same N3DS system)
If sysnand and emunand are linked, and your 3Ds has created a new folder, you won't see any of your installed CIA's cause thsoe are stored in the old folder. If not linked, you emunand is not tied to the folder on your SD where the games are stored.

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You formatted your sysnand at some point (to unlink emunand perhaps), this changed it and created a new one, you can't just put your old files and expect them to work. You can delete those folders a thousand times and your 3DS will remake them every time because this folders are the new one. You are at a loss here, you can't get that info back just by putting the old folders intothe SD.

As the "missing cias", it's clear that your folder backup was made after the emunand.bin backup, so all those cias installed in between that period of time aren't written into emunand so it doesn't see them there.

Unless you remember which ones they are and install them again you can't do anything else.

You have to learn to make full backups at the same time, emunand + folder transfer together and not at different times, that's an easy way to get files left behind.
I'm guessing this happened when I tried to format the emuNAND through the Gateway menu and it deleted everything off of my micro SD. I have to admit I was being pretty dumb about my back-ups. I didn't think I had to back-up the emuNAND again after installing new games, but I'll have to accept the consequences. I'll just delete the old sysNAND folder and reinstall everything I had before, thanks.

Not sure about the old sysnand, most likely it cannot be salvaged.

As for your EmuNAND, I've run into that problem before. The data is still there but your old EmuNAND doesn't recognize it. The way to solve it is to reinstall the CIAs.
It will give you error messages, do not worry. Install the CIAs for all your other missing games and go through the errors too.
Go back to home menu and they'll reappear as presents.
If you don't remember, try all of your CIAs :creep:. I use Socketpunch with FBI wireless to mass error install when I was experimenting with switching EmuNANDs.

Note: Any Pokemon game saves (the CIA ones) you have are screwed. It's the way the saves are done in XY and ORAS. This only applies if the PKMN game was a missing one

Edit: My NANDs were unlinked btw
My NANDs are also unlinked, but it's going to be a pain in the ass to load up all of those games again. I have about 20 gigs worth of games installed. I'll just have to bite the bullet and try to upload all the games I had before. Your post is much appreciated!

Old folders was it from the N3DS you are working with now or was it from another 3DS?
If it keeps creating the new folder, you must have formatted your sysnand at some point (if it's the same N3DS system)
If sysnand and emunand are linked, and your 3Ds has created a new folder, you won't see any of your installed CIA's cause thsoe are stored in the old folder. If not linked, you emunand is not tied to the folder on your SD where the games are stored.
Yeah, it's the same N3DS, but you guys are probably right that I formatted my NANDs somewhere down the line when I tried to save my N3DS. My NANDs were unlinked; I had legit CIA's installed in my sysNAND and my other games were installed in emuNAND.

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Snip*

"My NANDs are also unlinked, but it's going to be a pain in the ass to load up all of those games again. I have about 20 gigs worth of games installed. I'll just have to bite the bullet and try to upload all the games I had before. Your post is much appreciated!"

*Snip*

No no, I meant you don't need to reinstall them fully. When you try to load the CIA, it will literally give you an install error. This is because the data is already there (assuming you're still using the same EmuNAND folder).
After this installation fail, go back to home menu and it'll reappear as a present. Your saves are absolutely safe (except Pokemon, that is)

So to summarize summarize,
1) Put CIA on SD card
2) Use FBI or Big Blue (or whatever installer you use) and try installing the CIA
3) It'll give error.
4) Go back to Home Menu by pressing the Home button
5) Game will reappear as a present. Open it
6) Game is back and it only took 3 seconds.
7) Repeat to get all your games back

I would take a screenshot with phone to show you but it's in for hardmod repairs because I accidently updated mines past 9.2

Last edited by CheeseCake,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?