GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hello all I have a new 3ds and a 3ds xl news edition I have downgraded my sysnand on the old 3ds but I cannot update both systems without the gateway cart, I really want to use emunand while waiting for my gateway cart so I don't have to risk using my n3ds online with monster hunter. Thanks for reading

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've downgraded you should be able to install emuNAND from the GW menu. Running emuNAND without an official GW card is not possible though. I think there was a thread on running emuNAND without a GW cart but that was for version 3.0.1.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you've downgraded you should be able to install emuNAND from the GW menu. Running emuNAND without an official GW card is not possible though. I think there was a thread on running emuNAND without a GW cart but that was for version 3.0.1.
So I should use the old gateway launcher? I'm not saying I don't believe you but I see people everywhere using the no gateway tutorial with gateways launcher not mt and they are not using gateways even on the n3ds....oh well I should maybe sell my system I am having bad luck and already updated a console I have sitting on since smea said 9.2 was our entry point

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I should use the old gateway launcher? I'm not saying I don't believe you but I see people everywhere using the no gateway tutorial with gateways launcher not mt and they are not using gateways even on the n3ds....oh well I should maybe sell my system I am having bad luck and already updated a console I have sitting on since smea said 9.2 was our entry point

I can't speak for the no-gw method since I have a GW card. If you want, just get a SKY card, they are easier to setup/understand without worry of updating (so far). If you have a GW card on the way you could also just be patient. I sat on my N3DS until now waiting for GW. I just enjoyed my offline retail games until that time came.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I have been playing offline games and even monster hunter online I just do not want to lose my firmware version due to sleep mode, etc I am not buying a sky because I am a hardware junky who likes flashing ROM on phones and the like. I also have heard sky has no update feature so I would rather wait I don't want to update my firmware to the latest to use eshop and then lose card support then be stuck on ofw with no homebrew or backups

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what to tell you then dude. If you already ordered a GW card then find something else to occupy you until it comes in the mail. Your 3DS will not auto-update over wifi, just possibly download the files. To stop that, don't configure a wifi profile OR block Ninty's update servers in your router.

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find the post that explains how to remove the downloaded update from the card. Something about booting to recovery. Can someone post the steps? Thanks!

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find the post that explains how to remove the downloaded update from the card. Something about booting to recovery. Can someone post the steps? Thanks!
Boot with recovery mode button combo then just shut off. Check 3dbrew and google I forgot. I understand it with t auto update I just find it hard to believe others managed to get this working and no one else has anything else to say.

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Found the info on 3dbrew. For those too lazy to search for it, here's what it says:

The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad). This menu is made to update your Nintendo 3DS through internet, if an update previously failed.
However it is possible to use this menu to delete the nagging update message if your console downloaded an update while in sleep mode. It is believed that this menu simply erases all update data, as it should normally be accessed when the update files are corrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1