I cannot get PS2-FPKG to work.. I've tried EVERYTHING.

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

So with the release of the 9.00 jailbreak today, I decided to hop on board and give it a go. One of the main reasons for wanting to jailbreak my PS4 was for playing PS2 games.

So I done some research and found the best way to do this is via the PS2-FPKG app. However I cannot for the life of me get this working on my Windows 11 PC.

I've got the .ISO for the PS2 game and I load it into the app and it just throws the following errors:

[Debug] 2021-12-14 03:47:02 Create image Process started.
Format of the param file is not valid. (sce_sys/param.sfo, unexpected Content ID)
Format of the param file is not valid. (sce_sys/param.sfo, unexpected Title ID)
[Warn] The required file is missing (sce_sys/pronunciation.xml). The created package will not be imported into GEMS.
2021-12-14 03:47:02 Create image Process finished with error(s).

Screenshot 2021-12-14 034732.png

I've tried older version and it's still not outputting any kind of installable .pkg file. I've spent over an hour now trying to find a solution to the issue but there aren't many answers I can find.. Hence why I'm resorting to making this post. I've even tried different ISO files but its happening with everything I throw at it.

Just to point out I'm also running it as administrator.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use PS4 - PS2 Classic's GUI
it hasn't been updated for a while & uses Jak Emu template as default. Make sure you check out the ps4 ps2 compatibility list. A lot of games require a custom config to fix bugs & speed or require a specific ps2 classics emulator template. In your case Airblade requires GTA 3 v1 ps2 template & a custom config to fix flickering textures & models.

Reactions: KiiWii

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can use PS4 - PS2 Classic's GUI
it hasn't been updated for a while & uses Jak Emu template as default. Make sure you check out the ps4 ps2 compatibility list. A lot of games require a custom config to fix bugs & speed or require a specific ps2 classics emulator template. In your case Airblade requires GTA 3 v1 ps2 template & a custom config to fix flickering textures & models.

Hey thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it :)

I saw the PS2 Classic's GUI and assumed it was old and outdated so I didn't bother looking into it.

Just to confirm before I give it a try.. You say that it uses Jak Emu as the default template, but after looking at the compatibility list wiki, there are quite a lot of games that require Rogue and Bully etc.. Can this be changed using the PS2 Classic GUI? - I ask because I noticed in PS2-FPKG there is a drop down box to select between Jak and Rogue.

Cheers.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the content id has to be a specific length inside the param.sfo or the title id will come out wrong. check how many characters you're using. I can't recall how the title id is supposed to be formatted with that app. the pronunciation.xml is the file for voice controls on the system. I can't recall if it's a file that's required though in order to build a pkg. I don't believe it is, because you got a warning. warnings are normal with fpkg files, all fpkg files in fact, because they don't fit the guidelines of orbis. errors, however, are something to avoid, because the fpkg will not be built if you encounter any errors.

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the content id has to be a specific length inside the param.sfo or the title id will come out wrong. check how many characters you're using. I can't recall how the title id is supposed to be formatted with that app. the pronunciation.xml is the file for voice controls on the system. I can't recall if it's a file that's required though in order to build a pkg. I don't believe it is, because you got a warning. warnings are normal with fpkg files, all fpkg files in fact, because they don't fit the guidelines of orbis. errors, however, are something to avoid, because the fpkg will not be built if you encounter any errors.
Hey thanks for the reply!! Do you know where I can find the Param.sfo file? I opened the ps2 .iso and can't seem to find one inside.

Sorry again for being a pain haha, I'm new to all this.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the param.sfo is not part of the iso. it's part of a playstation pkg. for the ps4, it goes in sce_sys. it uses the content id to name the pkg once its complete. I can't say if it's windows 11 that's causing the problem though, because it's pretty self explanatory. I have a very old version of that app on my computer. it's version 0.3. I'm building a pkg right now to see if it gives me any problems. it's final fantasy xii.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the param.sfo is not part of the iso. it's part of a playstation pkg. for the ps4, it goes in sce_sys. it uses the content id to name the pkg once its complete. I can't say if it's windows 11 that's causing the problem though, because it's pretty self explanatory. I have a very old version of that app on my computer. it's version 0.3. I'm building a pkg right now to see if it gives me any problems. it's final fantasy xii.

Whereabouts should the sce_sys folder be located? I don't see one in the root of the PS2-FPKG folder. Am I supposed to manually create it and put a param.sfo file inside?

I also downloaded 0.3 and tried it (along with 0.4) and it never threw any errors but it also never outputted any .pkg file.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking you may have to change the compatibility settings for it. I don't use windows 11. you don't have to do anything, it should be created for you by the app.

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm thinking you may have to change the compatibility settings for it. I don't use windows 11. you don't have to do anything, it should be created for you by the app.
I'm thinking about trying it on a Windows 10 machine to see if it makes any difference. Windows 11 doesn't have compatibility settings for Windows 10, it only has Windows 8, 7 and below. - I tried Windows 7 and it made no difference. I shall try a Windows 10 machine and report back.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked v0.6. it built a package, no problem. I think the issue may be the sc.exe. check if your virus scan or something is deleting it.

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just checked v0.6. it built a package, no problem. I think the issue may be the sc.exe. check if your virus scan or something is deleting it.

It's definitely something to do with my PC.. Because I took it to another machine running Windows 10 and it worked perfectly. But I refuse to believe it's Windows 11 stopping it from working because I've seen YouTube tutorials of people using Windows 11 and PS2-FPKG.

I've also made sure nothing is being blocked, sc.exe is there in the folder... I just don't understand.

Last edited by ThaKarra,

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're never going to believe this..
I done some more digging around online to see if I could find ANY solution to my issue. I came across one comment in a forum where someone suggested that the issue was caused by having a space in the Windows username. So I created a new user account on my PC without any spaces and BAM it worked.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks like you were on the desktop, but what's odd about that is that there can be spaces in the game name like my Final Fantasy XII. must be a bug that was overlooked.

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it looks like you were on the desktop, but what's odd about that is that there can be spaces in the game name like my Final Fantasy XII. must be a bug that was overlooked.

It must be a bug lol.. Because even if I try and output the game to a directory that doesn't contain my username, like "H:\PKG" (no spaces), it still bugs out and throws the error.. And like you said, the game it's self works with spaces.

At least now I know. It's a shame I've had to create a whole new local PC account, JUST to convert my PS2 games though... I've tried renaming my main account, but it doesn't change the username in the /users/ folder of C: drive.. so unfortunately it doesn't work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It must be a bug lol.. Because even if I try and output the game to a directory that doesn't contain my username, like "H:\PKG" (no spaces), it still bugs out and throws the error.. And like you said, the game it's self works with spaces.

At least now I know. It's a shame I've had to create a whole new local PC account, JUST to convert my PS2 games though... I've tried renaming my main account, but it doesn't change the username in the /users/ folder of C: drive.. so unfortunately it doesn't work.
yeah, unfortunately, I don't think you can even really do that through regedit either, because changing the user name folder could cause problems. I did that once, then I just reinstalled windows to change my username since it was a new pc.

Reactions: ThaKarra

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah, unfortunately, I don't think you can even really do that through regedit either, because changing the user name folder could cause problems. I did that once, then I just reinstalled windows to change my username since it was a new pc.

Yeah I did look into the regedit thing but I don't want to mess with it. Probably not worth it. I've noticed a lot of sites I can just grab the PS2 games from that have already been converted for PS4. The few I can't find, I can just do myself an then remove the account off my PC when I'm done. -- Definitely not worth a reinstallation of Windows for either hahaha

Cheers for your help though, I really appreciate it!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the regedit method, but I don't believe it changed the folder name. I keep my username in all caps, and I think I had put the username in lowercase. I do that for all of my devices, all caps.

Reactions: ThaKarra

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried the regedit method, but I don't believe it changed the folder name. I keep my username in all caps, and I think I had put the username in lowercase. I do that for all of my devices, all caps.

That's actually a pretty good idea lol.. I might do that from now on, with all future devices haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: