I can teather 3G to my laptop from my phone!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by CheatingSoi, Sep 23, 2009.

Sep 23, 2009
  1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I was looking on youtube and found that I can use my Samsung Instinct as a wireless router. I have unlimited data plan so it wont cost anything. All I gotta do is plug my phone into my laptop and it recognizes it as a modem, of course after I enabled a few settings and installed a driver but this is great! Tomorrow, I'm going to my computer class and using this on our computers at school. No more blocked websites for me!

2. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    I have an env touch with Verizon and vcast vpak so I get unmetered (no 5gb limit but peoples accounts have still been terminated for high usage) tethering without paying for their ripoff 5gb plan. And vpak tethering is NOT against the TOS on verizon (on the contract I signed...so even if they changed it now I abide by the earlier contract. woo)

3. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    If I simply browse the internet using the tether will I be safe? Because I have been worried about them finding out.

4. eighty4

Banned eighty4 Banned

United States
    They don't "find out" They see that you're receiving alot of info and decide to ask you about it and take advantage of it.

5. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    The school can't do anything about it, if you use your computer then you will be fine, if you try and use theirs though and alternatives to bypass their website blocks then you might get into trouble.