Hacking I can`t backup my games cartridges and savegames on Gateway 2.2

shinichi999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I recently updated to 2.2 Gateway but i can`t backup an original cartridge of Pokemon X. It says "Error FFFFFFFD", and when I try to backup a savegame of my Pokemon Y in the red cartridge it says "Error FFFFFFFF".

Am I doing something wrong? I will appreciate any help

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was getting Error FFFFFFFF when I was trying to dump the rom or backup the save from my Mario Kart cartridge, but I cleaned the contacts and it worked.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated to 2.2 Gateway but i can`t backup an original cartridge of Pokemon X. It says "Error FFFFFFFD", and when I try to backup a savegame of my Pokemon Y in the red cartridge it says "Error FFFFFFFF".

Am I doing something wrong? I will appreciate any help
The save for Pokemon is in the ROM dump itself. I forgot that too! :lol:

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The save for Pokemon is in the ROM dump itself. I forgot that too! :lol:

So you can't back them up? Or you have to dump the entire ROM every time you want to backup?

A couple of other related questions:
Can you restore a save that you've dumped from games such a Pomemon, Animal Crossing, ALBW?
And can you restore saves from other games? Say I copied someone's save and tried restoring it to a different cart?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you can't back them up? Or you have to dump the entire ROM every time you want to backup?

A couple of other related questions:
Can you restore a save that you've dumped from games such a Pomemon, Animal Crossing, ALBW?
And can you restore saves from other games? Say I copied someone's save and tried restoring it to a different cart?

1. You have to dump the entire ROM to backup the save from a cart.
2. Seeing as how Pokemon and Animal Crossing utilize NAND based saves and the save is stored as part of the ROM itself, there is no way to restore a save from your ROM dump back to the cart. As for the other carts, people have been successfully doing that from the sounds of it, but I have not tried it personally.

Reactions: Tokiopop

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hum .. I can't backup my games either. "Error FFFFFFFD" too
and with the savefile is "Error FFFFFFFA " what all the meaning of all this letters ?!
However, Gateway detect the Game Code ... Any Help ?
EDIT: I Think it's a SD problem ^^ Not enough Memory of Course ^^

So if I'm correct, I've found a new Easy Method to play Online ?!
- Buy some 2nd hand games like Mario Kart in a Video Game Shop
- Dump them in your car or away the shop
- Come back and take back your money
- Pretend you made a mistake, you had a DS and not a 3DS for your son/brother/sister ...

Easy Online method ?!

What a great deal to earn money =D !

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hum .. I can't backup my games either. "Error FFFFFFFD" too
and with the savefile is "Error FFFFFFFA " what all the meaning of all this letters ?!
However, Gateway detect the Game Code ... Any Help ?

So if I'm correct, I've found a new Easy Method to play Online ?!
- Buy some 2nd hand games like Mario Kart in a Video Game Shop
- Dump them in your car or away the shop
- Come back and take back your money
- Pretend you made a mistake, you had a DS and not a 3DS for your son/brother/sister ...

Easy Online method ?!

What a great deal to earn money =D !
sounds like bad contact issues try cleaning the cart, and on the buying games and copying them, whilst it would work, bear in mind its not exactly a nice thing to do if nintendo do start banning carts, someone else will get banned because of you. also bear in mind shop have no obligation to offer a cash refund for buyers mistakes, it all depends on the shop involved

and finally......how exactly does that earn you money

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Problem solved, I had a 2Go SD ... not enough memory tough...

Well, I think you're right, but it' from a Real dump so even it's difficult for them to see who is a real player and who doesn't (i mean it's a valid ID card signature)
Yeah it's feeling thing with the shop. If you argue well and act like an ignorant about all these videos games stuff, it will pass well.

I'm thinking of that because, since it's a pretty new feature, shops doesn't know yet this "underground feature"

Sorry mispelling, it's not earning money but saving it.
What incredible stuff we have here, playing bak games with dump from real cartridges, what a deal !
Maybe i'm forgotting something, but it seems pretty easy to play online now

PS: I only played Resident Evil Revelations online that I own, and since I remember, there was no login/password system, so I'm "free'" to play

asvardi

Trophies
XP
Country
Signed up to state this, error FFFFFFD is caused by trying to backup a dump that is too big for the SD you are dumping to. I just did a backup of Zelda Link Between Worlds and couldn't do it to a 2GB SD. Worked on my 4GB though.

Edit: actually the dump came out as 1gb so it should have fit on both as cards. Might have been the formatting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol