Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well this is weird....
I can switch between GEN-B and GEN-D3 on my PSP without the need to do anything to it (ie. Pandora battery or anything)
It's pretty awesome because i can switch to GEN-B to tie my PSN account to the PSP and then switch back to D3 to play stuff online
tongue.gif

I'll tell you how i did it because it had me weirded out...
Well i first actually had the PSP on GEN-D3 and then i wanted to use the homebrew IRshell but i heard that you needed to patch it to run it on GEN, so i was pooped..
Then i found a patch for it on PSPhacks with a tutorial and patched IRshell 4.9 with the GEN patch and ran it on my PSP GEN-D3.

The weird thing is, after i came out of the homebrew back into the XMB bar, i went to check my System info and it said i had GEN-B (full) so i was like
"Oh shit i must have screwed something up"
So then i just forgot about it and went on to play some God of War: Chains of Olympus, after a short while i saved and went back into the XMB bar and checked my System info again just incase i had made a mistake eariler, and guess what i saw?
It suddenly said GEN-D3 again!

So after some invesagation i found out that if i ran IRshell and then quit it and go back into XMB my firmware would be GEN-B (full) but when i go to play a game (Was playing God of War and LBP) and quit out of the game and into the XMB my firmware would go back to GEN-D3.

This is pretty awesome cos i managed to sync my PSN account to my PSP when i was in my GEN-B 'mode'
yay.gif

Just curious if anyone had this happen to them before cos this is weird..

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
Wait wait you can go on psn with a cfw now?
Well i can play online with the help of a plugin since i have a PSN account tied to my PSP now

EDIT: You cant tie a PSN account to your PSP if your running GEN-D3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW...