I can switch between GEN-B and GEN-D3 without Pandora! :o

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by zeromac, Apr 11, 2010.

1. zeromac
    OP

zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Mar 7, 2009
    Earth
    Well this is weird....
    I can switch between GEN-B and GEN-D3 on my PSP without the need to do anything to it (ie. Pandora battery or anything)
    It's pretty awesome because i can switch to GEN-B to tie my PSN account to the PSP and then switch back to D3 to play stuff online [​IMG]

I'll tell you how i did it because it had me weirded out...
    Well i first actually had the PSP on GEN-D3 and then i wanted to use the homebrew IRshell but i heard that you needed to patch it to run it on GEN, so i was pooped..
    Then i found a patch for it on PSPhacks with a tutorial and patched IRshell 4.9 with the GEN patch and ran it on my PSP GEN-D3.

The weird thing is, after i came out of the homebrew back into the XMB bar, i went to check my System info and it said i had GEN-B (full) so i was like
    "Oh shit i must have screwed something up"
    So then i just forgot about it and went on to play some God of War: Chains of Olympus, after a short while i saved and went back into the XMB bar and checked my System info again just incase i had made a mistake eariler, and guess what i saw?
    It suddenly said GEN-D3 again!

So after some invesagation i found out that if i ran IRshell and then quit it and go back into XMB my firmware would be GEN-B (full) but when i go to play a game (Was playing God of War and LBP) and quit out of the game and into the XMB my firmware would go back to GEN-D3.

This is pretty awesome cos i managed to sync my PSN account to my PSP when i was in my GEN-B 'mode' [​IMG]

Just curious if anyone had this happen to them before cos this is weird..

2. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    Wait wait you can go on psn with a cfw now?

3. zeromac
    OP

zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Mar 7, 2009
    Earth
    Well i can play online with the help of a plugin since i have a PSN account tied to my PSP now

EDIT: You cant tie a PSN account to your PSP if your running GEN-D3

4. Magmorph

Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    I was able to sync my account this way as well.

5. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    I just use the "Pandora" method [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice