I can NOT get BC backups to run

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by LifeVirusZERO, Jan 5, 2011.

Jan 5, 2011
  1. LifeVirusZERO
    OP

Newcomer LifeVirusZERO Newbie

United States
    I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but I need help.

I unknowingly updated my Wii to 4.3u and it deleted my homebrew channel. I used the Indiana PWNS exploit to get it back and now I'm interesting in running GC and Wii backups. I did a good bit of my own research and followed several guides because none of them seemed to explain everything. I installed cMIOSv4, then i installed cIOSx rev20b. Ran Neogamma and i got error 1208. Eventually I installed the Trucha IOS236 and tried running Neogamma again and got the same error code. I read that you're supposed to use Verbatim DVD-R's and I had been using Sony DVD+R's, so today I went and got a pack of the Verbatims (I work at Best Buy so I got 'em ridiculously cheap with my employee discount). Got home and burned a (3rd) copy of Shadow the Hedgehog. I know the ISO is good because it works in the Dolphin emulator.

Tried it again, still got error 1208. So I changed to cIOS38 rev 17 and burned another copy of Shadow the Hedgehog, this time at 2x just to be safe. Still got the same error. Then I installed cIOSx rev 19 and ran Neogamma again, still getting "DVD err(1208) Disc ID. Most likely no DVD-Rs possible." My Wii is from the launch date back in '06, however (this is the part that worries me) at the very beginning of this year I bought a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy and it wouldn't play on my system so I sent it in to Nintendo and I believe they replaced the drive. Is that most likely the issue? Am I possibly doing something else wrong? Thanks for any help.

*EDIT* I just tried a copy of SM Galaxy 2, and I got the same error, but then it said "Drive Date 20080714" if that helps...

2. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    Were you running any backups prior to the removal of the HBC? And how old is your Wii? Also, which backup loader?

3. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Yeah, you just answered your own question right there. They replaced your drive with a new D3-2 drive which cannot play DVD backups.

4. LifeVirusZERO
    OP

Newcomer LifeVirusZERO Newbie

United States
    Thought so. Bummer [​IMG]

Also when I said "the beginning of this year," I had forgotten that it's 2011 already. This was back in January 2010. If that even makes a difference. Thanks for the replies though

5. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Probably not, most likely still a D3-2 drive with the errors you are getting...

-Erik