XP
Country
United States
1st some BASIC information about my Wii and other stuf:

Nintendo Wii: European/PAL (SoftModded)
System Menu: v4.0E
Homebrew Channel: v1.0.3 / IOS61 v19.26
Preloader: v0.29 / IOS v60 / System Menu v418

And in preloader when i go to settings -> System Menu IOS it shows me these nimbers: 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 50, 51, 53, 55, 56, 60, 61, 249, 250, 256, 257

I DIDN’T DO NAND BACKUP 2 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS SOFTMODDING MY Wii, I DIDN’T KNOW HOW TO, I WAS ROOKIE IN HB scene.

2 years ago i soft-modded my Wii so i can play BURNED wii games. But 3 days ago i wanted to play Super Mario GALAXY 2 so, i downloaded ISO of Super Mario GALAXY 2 from Torent and I burned the ISO on empty DVD disc and when I put it in my Wii and press PLAY in Disc channel it giwes me “error 002” and when I try to load it in HBC (HomeBrew Channel) in Backup Loader app it giwes me “error 001”.

Because of that I searched for solution on the internet and I find some WAD file called “gamma 002 fix with sound.wad” I installed that through HBC in WAD manager and when I tried to launch SMG2 (Super Mario GALAXY 2) it giwes me same “error 002” screen.

So, I searched a little more on the internet and on some forum I read that I need to update my System menu not through Nintendo but through Hacks, like I must install some IOS files so I can play SMG2. Than I found this (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/56950-updating-your-old-softmod.htm) and I downloaded this (*removed*) thing from that site. In that file I downloaded that is called “SoftMod Update 24042010” and in it there was “wad” folder and in that folder there where some WAD files, those files where:

IOS34-64-v3087.wad
IOS36patched.wad
IOS38-v3867.wad
IOS50-v4889.wad
IOS53-v5406.wad
IOS55-v5406.wad
IOS56-v5405.wad
IOS60patched.wad

So i sopied them on my SD cart, put my SD card in Wii, started HBC, started WAD mannager and i install ALL those IOS wad files (I didn’t think that anything bad will happened, I was thinking that I will update my system meny that way). After wad instalation i exited from HBC, went to Wii system menu to try if SMG2 game will work now that I “updated” my Wii through hacks, but now instead or “error 002” I see this screen: “An error has occurred. Please press the eject button and remove the disk. Turn the wii console off and refer to the manual” and my wii zreezes, I must hold power button for 5 seconds.

After I saw that massage on the screen “An error has occurred…” I gave up on SMG2. So, I went to HBC but, HBC wont load, it’s showing me BLACK screen and freezes my Wii. So I uninstalled HBC from system meny after that i putted “HackMii installer” on my SD card and put it in Wii and I go to: Wii -> Data Management -> Channels -> SD card and started “HackMii installer” so I can reinstall HBC. After installation I went to HBC and now it loads normally, BUT when I try to start some app’s from HBC it shows loading bar and than ewerything goes Black screen and my Wii freezes. When i start for example “WAD manager” or “VBAgx” or whatewer it shows loading bar ad than it goes black screen my Wii locks up (freeze) and wii mote gets disconnected so i must turn hold power button for 5 sec.
I’m suspecting that IOS wad files that I installed are the problem....

I hawe Preloader v0.29 and BootMii installed if that help somehow. After what happened i didnt know what to do and i FORMATED wii system memory after that everything was the same, nothing changed (I think so, that’s how it looks) except I don’t hawe my friends in adess book nor save-game files… but newer mind that, I don’t care about safe files or wii codes.

And that’s not the only problem, when I put Some Burned GAMES in Wii for example “Mario Kart Wii” it loads that image in disc channes saying “Mario kart wiiii hiii!!!” and after I press start, instead of showing me wrist strap warning and play the game it shows me the massage that reads: “An error has occurred. Please press the eject button and remove the disk. Turn the wii console off and refer to the manual” but 4 days ago (when I didn’t installed those IOS wad’s) I played that same game NORMALLY. But the strangest thing is that when I try to put other game in Wii like “Super Mario Galaxy 1”, it loads NORMALLY, like before with NO problems at all. Now why can I play “Super Mario Galaxy 1” normally but “Mario Kart Wii” gives me that “An error has occurred. Please press the eject button and remove the disk. Turn the wii console off and refer to the manual” screen???

Here’s what all my NON original (Burned) Wii games are saying when I put them in Wii:

(PLAYABLE) These are the games that loads normally:
-Super Mario GALAXY
-Kororinpa
-Professor Heinz wolf’s GRAVITY
-Endless Ocean
-Mario & SONIC at he Olympic games
-PoKeMoN battle revolution
-SONIC unleashed

(NON playable) These games gives me this screen: “An error has occurred. Please press the eject button and remove the disk. Turn the wii console off and refer to the manual”. And freezes my Wii:
-KLONOA Wii
-SONIC and Sega all stars racing
-Super Mario GALAXY 2

(NON playable) This game gives me Black screen and freezes my Wii:
-Mario Kart Wii
-Bomberman Land Wii

Befor the PROBLEM (4 days ago) I could play all those games NORMALLY. And also I can still load my Original games normally.

When I try to load VC games or Wii ware games from SD card in SD channel it’s saying: “This Cahnnel cannot be launched on this Wii console.” I tried to copy those VC and Wii ware games from SD to system memory and when I press copy button it’s saying: “The data may not have been copied.” What’s that all about??? I could launch and copy those games normally 4 days ago ….

So.........

1st - I CAN load HBC, but NOTHING, non of the app’s from there will load, when I load some app’s it goes black screen and freezes my Wii. So I can’t use WAD manager to install wad files or any other HB application for that matter.
2nd – I think (but that doesn’t mean I am right) that problem is IOS wads that I installed.
3rd – Why I CAN’T play Those Wii game that I COULD play before like “Mario Kart Wii” or “Klonoa Wii” but I can play “Siper Mario GALAXY 1” ???
4th – What’s up whit those VC and Wii ware games?
5th - I was thinking of restoring NAND but I don’t have NAND backup. Can I download NAND from internet that someone else backed up?
6th – How can I repare IOS files (if IOS is the problem)???? Remember, I can’t load APP’S from HBC…
6th – WHAT SHOULD I DO??????????

PLEASE HELP ME, PLEASE….

BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE

yaywii.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good lord, talk about turning a papercut into a train wreck....

first of all grab the latest hackmii installer and reinstall HBC. If you can then launch things from HBC, go grab the NUS auto downloader from the stickies and do a proper hack.
if you still can't get anything to launch in HBC... I'd try a different SD card. make sure its 2gb or less. If that doesn't work either.... you may be toast.

edit: also do you have bootmii on there?

edit2: one last thing you can try is put the dol file from the wad manager into the root directory and load it with priiloader to install the nusad wads.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moderator said:
This post has been removed by a moderator.
Reason: Off topic
c'mon mods! his name is wiiloader and he cant load things on his wii! the comedy is inherent, surely you must see that!

you're right, sorry, i was out of line. : (

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you wait until the blinking light in the bottom right corner of the Homebrew Channel stops blinking, if you try to load anything while it is, it won't work from my experience.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Considering things like the loader you use, I think it's best if you just re-softmod using the guide in the stickies. And no, you don't need to virginize.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try installing a normal ios36. Apparently all homebrew uses ios36. I think you can do this using DOP-Mii.

Also why not just use neogamma and be done with it?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just re-modify it.

You need to update most of it anyways.

Use either of the first two stickies at the top of this hacking section.

Just mod it as if its a virgin, meaning DONT try to revirginise it, just DO IT.

Revirginizing is just as likely to brick it.

Then get the latest USB loader etc, and you'll be good.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
Just re-modify it.

I understand that but HOW can i do that if i cant start "WAD manager" from HBC, in fact i CAN'T start ANNY application from HBC
mellow.gif

When i softmodded my Wii 2 years ago i did all of the instalations through WAD manager in HBC
mellow.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
~Wiiloader~ said:
C.S.I. said:
Just re-modify it.

I understand that but HOW can i do that if i cant start "WAD manager" from HBC, in fact i CAN'T start ANNY application from HBC
mellow.gif

When i softmodded my Wii 2 years ago i did all of the instalations through WAD manager in HBC
mellow.gif
in other words, http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
~Wiiloader~ said:
C.S.I. said:
Just re-modify it.

mellow.gif

mellow.gif
Here, take look in my other post on GBAtemp, you'l understand after reading it...

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just follow the guide from the start.

They will use bannerbomb to launch the HBC installer.

After HBC is installed, you trucha patch IOS36, then go crazy =)

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
try replacing the hackmii's .elf with wad manager's
Doesn't Work. I putt Banner bombs "private" folder on ROOT of SD and WAD manager 1.5 also on root of SD, i go to Channels --> SD and press yes but it shows me black screen and my wii freezes.

Can you explain me how does bannerbomb and hackmii works?
mellow.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
~Wiiloader~ said:
lolzed said:
Doesn't Work. I putt Banner bombs "private" folder on ROOT of SD and WAD manager 1.5 also on root of SD, i go to Channels --> SD and press yes but it shows me black screen and my wii freezes.

mellow.gif
you're probably doing something wrong...try reading this:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lexip; said:
Try installing a normal ios36. Apparently all homebrew uses ios36. I think you can do this using DOP-Mii.

Also why not just use neogamma and be done with it?
I tryed to use DOP-Mii but when i select some option in it, it freezes.
hate2.gif

And how do you mean to use Neo Gamma? i cant start ANNY application from HBC
frown.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
good lord, talk about turning a papercut into a train wreck....

first of all grab the latest hackmii installer and reinstall HBC. If you can then launch things from HBC, go grab the NUS auto downloader from the stickies and do a proper hack.
if you still can't get anything to launch in HBC... I'd try a different SD card. make sure its 2gb or less. If that doesn't work either.... you may be toast.

edit: also do you have bootmii on there?

edit2: one last thing you can try is put the dol file from the wad manager into the root directory and load it with priiloader to install the nusad wads.
Yeah i can do that, i can load something through Bootmii or with bannerbomb but, what is NUSAD???
blink.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
~Wiiloader~ said:
lolzed said:

mellow.gif
you're probably doing something wrong...try reading this:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb
No, nothing wrong.... wad mannager wont load, in fact nothing will load

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~Wiiloader~ said:

You do realize that everything has to be in the /apps folder on the SD right ?? and that you start it with HBC ??

sd:/apps/WadManager/boot.dol

do this you can not go wrong

NUSAD

READ READ READ

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
~Wiiloader~ said:

You do realize that everything has to be in the /apps folder on the SD right ?? and that you start it with HBC ??

sd:/apps/WadManager/boot.dol

do this you can not go wrong

NUSAD

READ READ READ

Did you even read the thread? He's trying to launch wad manager from bannerbomb (not HBC).

I believe the problem is your ios36 as all homebrew uses ios36. Is is possible to use a retail disc to update ios36 back to normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1