I can install IOS in vWii! But...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by damysteryman, Dec 8, 2012.

1. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    for the question about WiiXplorer, i used the latest one on the googlecode page, R212.dol. i renamed it to boot.dol and put in a folder called wiiXplorer in the apps folder of my sd card. then i ran it using HBC

2. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    what i do not understand is why IOS58 was not tested originally if alot of newer homebrew uses it.

3. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Yup, 1 success = completely and utterly safe, without a doubt.

JoostinOnline likes this.
  4. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    For real? WOAH!!! :yaywii:

5. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    actually, my console shutdown when returning to WiiMode after the IOS236 installer and appeared bricked. (blue light came on but no video on gamepad or tv). i unplugged console for ~10 min then plugged it back in and it booted back up. including WiiMode.

It was fine after that. i have had no trouble with the Wii U ever doing that again. even in WiiMode.

6. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
  7. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    How were the old DARKCORP cIOS's made? What if you gave these the same treatment?

8. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

pip Developer
    GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK

i get your comments fully Sifjar , but i read the question as though he was asking a honest Question .:) ok its prolly not but its how i read it lol

9. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    thanks, that did the trick. the Check Mii Out Channel Installed fine now. it seems to work fine from what i can tell. I will do this to the other channels i was trying to install and will report back if they work.

10. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    How large is the NAND dump? My SD card only has 460MB free space left. Can I use SDHC cards if need be?

11. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Mine was ~350MB and i used a non SDHC 2gb sd card. i am not sure if you can use SDHC, but you should be good with 460MB freespace left unless you filled up your Wii's system memory.

12. beanman25

beanman25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2008
    United States
  13. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    the IOS236 wad in the "WiiU Wad Installer Pack V1" works fine with the ios236 installer. i tested the installer with both my dumped wad and the one from the pack on ps3hax.net and both worked without bricking. I still recommend dumping and using your own tho but i would wait for a fix for IOS58 incompatibilities before trying to install ios236.

also, do not bother installing the Nintendo or Everyone Votes channel as both require WiiConnect24. the Check Mii Out channel and Internet Channel work fine from what i can tell tho. the Photo Channel 1.0 and Internet Channel installed fine via DOP-MII. i did not test mp3 or pictures with the photo channel tho.

Also, i Noticed that the Channel manager allows moving the Check Mii Out channel to SD. DO NOT do it. it will move fine but will refuse to run from SD menu and refuses to copy back. if that happens, delete the channel from SD card and reinstall wad.

The Internet Channel copies and runs fine from SD card. i plan to keep it on SD card as its huge.

14. Skeet1983

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I tried dumping NAND through FSToolbox, and ran into 2 problems:

1st. Got error return -1017 above where it says "Press A to continue".
    2nd. Got error -101 or something like that when trying to dump NAND, then it said would you like to continue or something like that...
    This is my 1st time trying a NAND dump. Please help if possible :)

15. ClockWorK

ClockWorK GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2009
    United States
    ^ Same. Tried FS Toolbox and BlueDump.

16. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez XFlak Fanboy

GBAtemp Patron
    DeadlyFoez is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    I dumped the NAND.... but I did it through hardware, not software :D

17. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Follow my dumping instructions (Post #49), you have to run FSToolbox from WiiXplorer first.

as in HBC->WiiXplorer->FSToolbox->Press A to Continue->Press 1, then it will proceed to dump entire nand.

HBC->FSToolbox=Error -101

18. Skeet1983

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I did run WiiXplorer from HBC, then ran FSToolbox from within WiiXplorer (booted the .elf file)... What do those errors mean? I am using an SDHC card...

19. Gizmo1k

Gizmo1k Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2006
    United States
    I'm getting
    "Error: ISFS_OpenFile(/title/00010000/52323245/data) returned -101
    Do you want to continue anyway?"

I hit a and get the same error on either the content or next title. metadata dumped fine. also i get a -1017 error not the -1020 at the beginning. so who knows.

20. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    i used the WiiXplorer R212 DOL and left the IOS WiiXplorer uses alone. i literally copied it to my sd card and ran it via HBC. also, i used the Dol of FSToolbox, not the elf.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted