I broke my DS story.. :(

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make it short, I woke up in a rush to school. I overslept and I had to hand in a project. I commute so it takes me 1.5 hours to get to school. There's no other way where I can hasten the transportation so I just grab my DS to kill some time on the bus and subway.

I finally reached my school doors. I press the button for the elevators to come faster. I didn't bother waiting anymore so I just walked in a different direction to use the staircase. I was running up the staircase and then I suddenly feel that my jacket's pocket has gotten lighter. I quickly look down and for some reason.. when some of these things happen, you see it go in slow motion.. I see my DS drop THROUGH the gap between the stairs.. its like between the hand rail. It lands and splits my DS in many parts. It made a loud thud sound and security guard that was nearby came running to see what happened. I told him I dropped my electronic device.. and I had to throw it away right at that moment.
frown.gif

This makes me sad. I have no DS anymore. My microSD flew out of the DS and landed somewhere, I have no clue where. I hope I can find it tomorrow when I go back. I don't know the condition of my R4, but I hope it's okay.. it seems fine. My DS, it's dead, in the garbage. There's no way to fix it and now I have to save up money to buy another one.. and I was gonna save my money to buy a PSP. This sucks. Someone give me a cookie.
frown.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your school has an elevator and a security guard?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you can afford it.

Also, that sucks, what are you going to do for the 1.5 hours until you get another?

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I can afford one, but only when I save up. I don't have a job at the moment so I can't buy one until I find a job for the summer.. And I wanted to use that money for the PSP too.. aiysh this sucks.

And yeah, there are security guards around the school.. and elevators.. is that weird? I thought universities are suppose to have elevators at least.

As for looking for my microSD, I couldn't because I was already late for class. I had to hand in a project. Any later would've resulted in a zero..

And for that 1.5 hours to get to school, I'm probably just going to listen to my MP3 and sleep. I've been lacking a lot of sleep lately due to final projects.

It's been a rough day for me.

S

scubersteve

offtopic84 said:

Also, that sucks, what are you going to do for the 1.5 hours until you get another?

In Toronto, almost all high schools have elevators.
All of them do have security guards.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
scubersteve said:
offtopic84 said:

In Toronto, almost all high schools have elevators.
All of them do have security guards.
I must live in some alternate parallel city named Toronto then.

Sucks about your DS. People ask me why I like pants where the pockets have a closable flap.
This is it.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hell, that sucks. Enter in the thebobevil's contest and hopefully you'll win...

Not as bad as your uncle throwing your DS Lite at the wall for now making your bed, though
hate2.gif

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel for ya bro. And I know EXACTLY what you mean by how things go in slow motion. This has happend twice to me.

First time when I was little, I was riding a scooter and I hit a rock or somthing and the back wheel lifted off and I swear it took like 20 seconds for me to actually hit the ground.

Second time was when I was playing tennis with a friend and for some reason, one of his serves seem to come really slow and I probly could of had time to yawn and stretch before it came. lol

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
offtopic84 said:

heh, the middle east sucks.
Sure the education is fine here but the actual school is crap, even if you pay loads.
Universities look awesome here but I won't be staying to find out.

I'm sorry for your loss man, I know the feeling of seeing something you game with smash ,I really do :'( (far too well i suppose, since its happened to me 3 times already.)

cookie-monster3.jpg

Gere's your cookie, though you might have to wrassle it off him.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha thank you for the cookies guys. Appreciate it.
tongue.gif
I entered for the DSL giveaway as well.. Thank you to those who suggested it. I'm not very depressed, but just frustrated at myself for not waking up early. I could've prevented all this..

And yes, I learned my lesson. I'll put it in a pocket where there's a zipper or something next time.

And the thing about seeing stuff in slow motion. I actually like that, but not seeing my DS crash in slow motion lol. It happened to me while playing sports. It actually enhanced my play by so much 'cause for some reason I was able to see everything before performing an action.. it rarely happens to me but it felt so cool to feel that feeling.

So.. what other sad DS stories are out there? Share share people.
tongue.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anakir said:
And the thing about seeing stuff in slow motion. I actually like that, but not seeing my DS crash in slow motion lol. It happened to me while playing sports. It actually enhanced my play by so much 'cause for some reason I was able to see everything before performing an action.. it rarely happens to me but it felt so cool to feel that feeling.
Holy cow I totally know what you mean. I accidentaly cut myself when I was young with a pocket knife cuz I didn't know it folded, and it seemed like slow-motion as I could see the blade cut me. Gruesome, but it's true.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkAura said:
Anakir said:
Holy cow I totally know what you mean. I accidentaly cut myself when I was young with a pocket knife cuz I didn't know it folded, and it seemed like slow-motion as I could see the blade cut me. Gruesome, but it's true.

I had the same thing happen to me when I lost my balance once and fell backwards.
I hit a wall but it was so strange because everything was going so slow.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ha, one time I had a moment kinda like this. I was playing with a DS. So I'm playing...having fun, not really paying attention to much else around me. I stand up to go answer the door, still not pausing, still playing eyes on the screen. I get to the door and the person bursts in and in that moment I get nudged by the door and the DS falls from my hands...I barely have time to twinch and don't remember actually seeing my DS falling at all. Next thing I know I kick out my leg and softly boot the falling DS with my foot thereby changing the directional inertia of my falling DS. I figure the injury the DS would have sustained from a 5 foot drop onto concrete is far less then the injury it may have sustained by getting a swift..but soft boot in the horizontal direction.

It bounces off my foot and safely onto the carpet instead of dropping straight down to crack on my front steps. I rejoyce.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xcalibur said:
DarkAura said:
Anakir said:

I had the same thing happen to me when I lost my balance once and fell backwards.
I hit a wall but it was so strange because everything was going so slow.
And when you're having fun, time goes so damn fast. Weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?