I Bring You Another Wii Gaming Variation!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mikeyt1998, Nov 16, 2011.

Nov 16, 2011
  1. mikeyt1998
    OP

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    Recently i've been discovering new ways to play on the wii, a few months ago i posted the home made functional arcade cabinet that uses a wii as a MAME emulator and a gamecube controller modified for use with arcade machine style microswitches

here is the video of that :)

overall a very successful project that was well worth the time to complete!

but now i bring you... my car.

The other day i set off on wiring the wii into my car as a mini project, ordered 7 screens off ebay, 3 7" Car Monitors, 2x Sunvisor Monitors and 2x 7" Headrest Monitors. I also purchased a CD player which has video input and 2 outputs so the wii can be plugged in and shown on all screens simultaneously.

now, you might say 'the video quality of these screens is going to be crap because you are splitting 2 outputs into 7!' well, i thought of that, and bought a video amplifier which 6 of the screens are plugged into and the final screen is direct from the other CD player VID OUT :)

i made a fibreglass screen holder for the dashboard, modified the door cards to hold a screen each, sunvisors and headrests replaced with those off ebay, and one hell of alot of wiring, but unfortunately i had no HD camera phone to take pictures of that :(

anyway, enough talk, on with the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD_RaOK6zNI

hope you all enjoy and feel free to ask any questions :)

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Please continue doing this using the most absurd items. I would love to see a Wii lawnmower.

3. mikeyt1998
    OP

United Kingdom
    haha! if i had a garden to mow the lawn... i would most definitely contemplate that!

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Just...wow. Those are a lot of screens in your car, mate. However, I can't help thinking...

Why isn't your co-driver playing a race game? :P

And perhaps more importantly...is there any way to actually point the wiimote at the screen? (super paper mario has a good pointer system, but I couldn't tell where the sensor bar is located in your car)

5. mikeyt1998
    OP

United Kingdom
    well, if you look just in front of the central screen, the one on the dash board, in the video you can see the IR lights either side of the base of the screen :) i took it apart and painted it to match the interior of the car and it obviously blends in quite well which is what i aimed for ;)

so you can only really use the central screen for pointing but no problem with that :)

EDIT: at 30-32 seconds you can see it very clearly

6. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Wii toaster?
    Wii hairdryer?
    Wii DVD Player?
    Or dare I say it...a Wii PS3?

7. mikeyt1998
    OP

United Kingdom
    so... a WiiS3? hahaha i think the toaster is a possibility you know, you could easily fit a 7" monitor in a toaster, along with all the wii hardware :P

dont tell me you havent seen the nintoaster? it's like that but with a wii and screen in it instead hahaha