Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing will load besides Homebrew Channel apps. I think AnyTitle Deleter totally fucked my Wii. Not even BootMii will load... Help?

Edit: Wait, turns out BootMii won't load because it wasn't even on the SD Card. Question: If I have a fully functioning Wii, and I take the NAND from that Wii into the bricked Wii, will it work?

Edit 2: OK, so here's the situation: My Black Wii is bricked, and the Wii Motes won't sync, but I have Priiloader and BootMii IOS. I have a White Wii, that's almost unhacked, and it has BootMii boot2. Question is: Can I get my White Wii NAND into the Black Wii and can it still work?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Edit 2: OK, so here's the situation: My Black Wii is bricked, and the Wii Motes won't sync, but I have Priiloader and BootMii IOS. I have a White Wii, that's almost unhacked, and it has BootMii boot2. Question is: Can I get my White Wii NAND into the Black Wii and can it still work?
No, you cannot. Each Wii has different NAND keys, you can't just make a NAND transfusion. ;) If you don't have a backup of your own then you have to do whatever it takes to boot either the Priiloader or BootMii. Hold down the RESET button and use a Gamecube controller or the face buttons of the Wii to navigate the menu.

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you cannot. Each Wii has different NAND keys, you can't just make a NAND transfusion. ;) If you don't have a backup of your own then you have to do whatever it takes to boot either the Priiloader or BootMii. Hold down the RESET button and use a Gamecube controller or the face buttons of the Wii to navigate the menu.

OK, so I have Priiloader, and BootMii, what next? Make a backup of the Black Wii's NAND?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

OK, so I have Priiloader, and BootMii, what next? Make a backup of the Black Wii's NAND?
Can you boot into BootMii menu or the Priiloader by holding the RESET button when booting?

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you boot into BootMii menu or the Priiloader by holding the RESET button when booting?

Yup. All Homebrew functions work. Another question: Does bricking cause total Wii Remote desync?

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yup.
Can you launch Titles from the Priiloader menu? It should detect whatever you have on the SD.

Homebrew titles? If it's Homebrew, yes, but it can't load anything else.

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a chance that I can still save my Wii? The Black one's the only one that can play Disc Games...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there a chance that I can still save my Wii? The Black one's the only one that can play Disc Games...
If you can boot BootMii and Priiloader then it's entirely possible to save it as far as I know. You'd be in trouble if you couldn't. The moment you provide the Wii with the missing IOS'es, it should work just dandy.

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can boot BootMii and Priiloader then it's entirely possible to save it as far as I know. You'd be in trouble if you couldn't. The moment you provide the Wii with the missing IOS'es, it should work just dandy.

OK, one last thing: Is a backup necessary? I mean, I already have one, but still.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Full NAND backups are used in the worst-case scenario when the Wii refuses to respond to anything else or to quickly roll back changes.

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, here's where I am now: Both versions of SysCheck freeze at "IOS202", and DOP-MII stops reading IOSs at 236. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.