Hacking I bricked my Wii U because I changed system.xml: flash NAND guide?

Will could I fix my console?

• Yes

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly my thought.

I don't see why people can't just be a little patient and load up the app by hand. Everything needs to be automatic these days, apparently.
so that smallish children dont have to ask the grown ups to start the game every single time. or so you can give your non-tech-savy friend all teh games without making them feel inconvenienced. and plenty of other reasons. probably. including just laziness

also, for fixing this. http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/TSOP_NAND
you'll have to solder up a teensy 2.0++ and use nandway or something to flash the slc dump. not as easy as the emmc, but possible

Last edited by tvall,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would use this with the three IMGS by pressing inject which will inject your backed up IMGS to the sd card which will load everything properly again
You have the wrong idea of what's going on. That would only be the fix if he had bricked redNAND, but he has bricked his sysNAND.

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I had bricked my Wii U Premium 32GB after the modification of the file "system.xml", which is in "vol/system_slc/config/".

I modified it to load a particular game and then can do "CoolBootHax". I had the game in the USB and it was "Dr. Kawashima Brain Training", european edition.

Now, every time I turn on the Wii U, it stays frozen in the Wii U logo, and then I get an error:

"Error Code: 160-0101
[1] 5.5.1 E [2] WUP-101 (03) [3] My serial number [4] XXXX-02X0-3175

Well, I've seen web guides to recover my console, but in all guides say how inject a single file and I have 3, not single one: MLC.full.img, SLC.full.img and SLCCMPT.full.img.

Could you help me and say how to inject 3 different files?

Or, could you tell me an up-to-date guide that will help me inject three files?

If is necesarry others weldings, I want know it.

Thank you very much.
just us this https://github.com/dimok789/iosuhax/releases/download/ebd5965/sdio_nand_extractor.zip
insert your sd card into your choose the sd card path

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get Wii U console only on eBay for $60...some people have even reported the system not being wiped and coming with Splatoon and/or Super Smash Bros U on it....

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perform the hard mod that was linked in the first reply to the thread, dump the NAND, find a way to decrypt it, fix the system.xml, then re-encrypt it.

That's literally the only option you have apart from buying a new Wii U.

Reactions: Keizel
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I hope you're comfortable soldering, since your only way out is to do what very few have succeeded in before: a post-brick hardmod. Smea did it and recovered his console, but afaik nobody else has :3

Back when the gx2sploit first came out, I wrote up a thread on WiiUBru about hardmodding. The goal was to use iosuhax, but the stuff about SLC applies to your current situation. You can have a look at that thread here. Please note that the Reboot.MS thread people are linking is for the eMMC and will not help here.

To sum up, system.xml is on the SLC. To dump the SLC, all you'll need is a Teensy (don't skimp out, make sure you get the 2.0++). iirc @SansSerif got most of the way through this process; you could ask him about models of teensy and whatnot. (I'm not sure whether or not a redNAND dump would work, in theory it should although I'd take a copy of your physical SLC just to be safe)

While dumping has a low entry point, to actually decrypt the dump required your console-specific key from the OTP. If you didn't grab a copy of this back during the hype you're likely out of luck (unless you've got a password cracking rig or something to bruteforce the key).

To cut a long story short, the idea is to solder up the Teensy as in the wiring diagram I posted on WiiUBru and use NANDWay.py to dump the SLC (kinda like on the PS3). From there, decrypt your dump using the keys from your OTP, find and fix system.xml, re-encrypt the dump and flash it onto your SLC. It's quite a lot of effort.

I'll leave the decision to buy new or attempt repair up to you and I'll try to help out where I can.

Keizel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perform the hard mod that was linked in the first reply to the thread, dump the NAND, find a way to decrypt it, fix the system.xml, then re-encrypt it.

That's literally the only option you have apart from buying a new Wii U.

Do you know how decrypt NAND?

Keizel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you're comfortable soldering, since your only way out is to do what very few have succeeded in before: a post-brick hardmod. Smea did it and recovered his console, but afaik nobody else has :3

Back when the gx2sploit first came out, I wrote up a thread on WiiUBru about hardmodding. The goal was to use iosuhax, but the stuff about SLC applies to your current situation. You can have a look at that thread here. Please note that the Reboot.MS thread people are linking is for the eMMC and will not help here.

To sum up, system.xml is on the SLC. To dump the SLC, all you'll need is a Teensy (don't skimp out, make sure you get the 2.0++). iirc @SansSerif got most of the way through this process; you could ask him about models of teensy and whatnot. (I'm not sure whether or not a redNAND dump would work, in theory it should although I'd take a copy of your physical SLC just to be safe)

While dumping has a low entry point, to actually decrypt the dump required your console-specific key from the OTP. If you didn't grab a copy of this back during the hype you're likely out of luck (unless you've got a password cracking rig or something to bruteforce the key).

To cut a long story short, the idea is to solder up the Teensy as in the wiring diagram I posted on WiiUBru and use NANDWay.py to dump the SLC (kinda like on the PS3). From there, decrypt your dump using the keys from your OTP, find and fix system.xml, re-encrypt the dump and flash it onto your SLC. It's quite a lot of effort.

I'll leave the decision to buy new or attempt repair up to you and I'll try to help out where I can.

Shit, I don't have OTP copy :cry:

Then, without OTP copy, I guess I should throw it in the trash and buy other. Very thank you for your help.

Nope, that's why I said you'll have to find a way. There's lots of documentation on WiiUBrew.

On a side note, you will always be remembered on http://wiiubru.com/rip/ now.

No one asked me if they could add me there but I like be remembered by stupid brick :rofl2:

Last edited by Keizel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.