i bricked my psp :(

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by CJL18, May 21, 2007.

May 21, 2007

i bricked my psp :( by CJL18 at 10:05 AM (2,299 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. CJL18
    OP

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i had verison 2.71 and was trying to downgrade to 1.5, and i followed the directions exactly, but after it went through the red screen and the memory card slot flashing, it said wait 30secs to turn your psp on, i did and was suppose to see a blue screen come up but nothing came up and now i have a black screen [​IMG]

2. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    ouch.. keep trying... remove batteries, or something.. I have no clue.. hope it'll work out eventually [​IMG]

3. CJL18
    OP

United States

i tried everything, and what really sux is i got it today and ruined it in less than 3hours [​IMG]

4. betaboy

Member betaboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    No consolation I know, but I did the same about 3 months ago. :'(

5. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Return it. Or send it back to sony. Only return it if you bought it from Eb(there evil)

6. Sodeju

Newcomer Sodeju Member

Netherlands
    I bricked my dick [​IMG]

7. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Ouch... I guess that's why you should just stick with the firm-wares you were born with!

8. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    maybe hes a N-Card and can use DSLinkers firmware as well

9. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry dude but there is a hell ofalot worse that can happen............

Good luck fixing it though

10. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    If you have the skills and money, and really want the psp back, install an Undiluted Platinum modchip, where you can have multiple firmwares on your psp (one of the flash of the chip, and the other on the psp). It should be enough to restore your psp; from there you can reinstall the standard firmware. All this is IIRC.

11. moshii

Member moshii GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    What you're talking about sounds like HEN? That alone shouldn't have bricked your PSP,... you should remove the battery and leave it to flush the resident part of HEN out.

Unless the blue screen you mean is the "corrupted settings" one after the downgrade? What you've probably done is loaded the 1.5 IPL on a unfixed TA-082 or TA-086 model PSP. In which case you're fucked unless you can get hold of a BGA rework station.

Always pays to do your research....

12. tjas

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    I think you killed your psp.... there is onnly one thing left you can do with it... you could expand your house.. you already have the first brick [​IMG]

Besides that... it's awfull to brick expensive electronics [​IMG]

13. CJL18
    OP

United States
    i got another one, and i know i sound crazy but i'm gonna try to downgrade to 1.5 again, this time i'm not going to do it unti;l i'm 100% certain it will work, so if anybody had a 2.71 version to start out and succefully downgraded to 1.5, can you plz tell me how an exactly what you did to do it without bricking the psp

14. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    sounds like you did the exact same thing that I did when attempting to downgrade a friend's for him. what he neglected to tell me was that it was a v2.71 to start with (a TA-082 motherboard). open the umd drive door to determine if you've got a TA-082 motherboard.

then do a google search and grab the right downgrader. both pspupdates.com and maxconsole.net have threads and links to the proper tools. when I grabbed the correct downgrader, it worked just fine (on his replacement system).

15. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Sounds like you had the new mobo and couldn't downgrade. Or have you downgraded to 1.5 before? If you downgrade to 1.5 twice something is stored in a section of the PSP after the last downgrade, this can cause it to brick. Before you try anything like this and you don't know what your doing, look on the internet and ask on forums. This way you don't go wrong.

16. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    he had ta-082 and forgot to patch his motherboard, you can send it to china to make them fix it. or wait for the new modchip: the devolution.

and you can downgrade to 1.5 twice, its no problem adgloride, just read the post from fanjita on noobz.eu [​IMG]

17. CJL18
    OP

United States
    alrigth i successfully downgraded to 1.5, and then upgraded to 3.02 OEA, but now i want to put isos on there games, and play them from my psp, been looking around was going to get DEvhook but i dont know what verison i should get, and i hear you need firmware 1.5 to play isos on your psp right, but custom firmware made by darkalex makes it still think you have 1.50 correct? CAn someone plz show me how to use Devhook and put isos on my psp, i've looked at guides but still didnt understand it, and i dont want to take ANY chance of bricking this psp [​IMG]

18. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    [​IMG] Dark Alex's custom firmware has iso loading built in. No need for anything else. Just drop your isos in the 'ISO' folder in the root of your memory stick and then go to the memory card game menu and your game should show up there.

Why aren't you using 3.40 OE-A though?

19. CJL18
    OP

United States
    do i put a folder named iso in the MT root folder?, becuase all it has in ther are 2folders 100 MNV001 and 100ANV01, and i'm going to upgrade to 340 OEA pretty soon

20. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    just make a new folder called iso on the root of your memory stick(not inside any folder)