I bricked my Luma and I can't get NAND backup or CRTRflash to work. Please help

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by BrickChan92, Jul 13, 2018.

1. BrickChan92
    OP

BrickChan92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Long story short, I had trouble installing some large game .CIAs, probably because I had previous tickets from incomplete Freeshop downloads.

But I must have deleted the wrong red ticket through FBI because alas my Luma can't find the CTRNAND FIRM.

I panicked. And then finally found my NAND backup. Found the 3ds.hacks.guide for doing it through GM9. However the installation says it isn't a valid NAND backup. Okay. Fine.

So I tried a CTRT Transfer. Followed the 3ds.hacks.guide again. However I can't do it.

Step 5 says

Press (A) on the CTRTransfer .bin to select it

Sure. But when I select A I do not have the option to for Step 6.

Select “CTRNAND options…”

All I have to choose from is: Show in Hexeditor, Calculate in SHA-256, Show file info, and Copy to 0:/gm9/out

Is the CTRTransfer .bin just supposed in the GM9 folder? Am I missing something else?

Any help would be appreciated guys. I don't care about restoring saves or anything else, or even preserving my homebrew. I can install/do it all again, I just want to be able to salvage my 3DS.

2. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    you have an outdated godmode9. try updating to the latest version. Also,are you on a9lh or b9s?

3. BrickChan92
    OP

BrickChan92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Thanks man, I'll try that now. I'm fairly certain it's B9s.

jimmyj likes this.
  4. BrickChan92
    OP

BrickChan92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    OH BOY YESSSSSSSSS.

I could have sworn I had the latest release, I installed CFW a few weeks ago. But yeah I got it to work. Thank you so much, I was thinking I would have to buy a new system. Took a while, but it worked like a charm.

jimmyj likes this.
  5. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    No problem :)

The_Provider likes this.