Hacking I brickd my wii - Need help!

liquilogic05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the other day i bricked my wii. I have system-menu 4.0, and an NTSC-U console. I have been running the twilight hack, homebrew, etc. for quite some time now with no problems, and with no mod-chip. I was attempting to install a 00000072.app using softmii when i bricked it. It is a full brick, and all i can get my wii to do right now is boot into recovery mode using the savemefrii method. But, once in recovery mode, it seems i have no ability to autoboot discs. I have burned tons of discs that are supposed to do multiple things (launch WAD manager, launch HBC, install new firmware) yet none of them will autoboot. Ofcourse i have set the autoboot flag on all of them, using tools like BootMe and Wii Autoboot Creator. All have failed miserably for me. My question is, if i buy a modchip, will it give me the abilty to autoboot these dvds, so i can unbrick my wii? i really have no other use for a modchip, since i can do everything fine without one, but i need to know if it will autoboot my discs separately from the way wii tries to, cause clearly my wii cannot autoboot dvds anymore.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, preloader is one way to do it. installing the latest system menu like FenrirWolf said
smile.gif

about the auto boot disc, no clue, once upon a time it was modchip only, but since loading games through the disc channel has become possible i dont know sorry.

thought installing custom menu's on 4.0 was a no go anyways.

personally, i think theres should be an autoboot HDD loader, whack your disc on that then you'll be reet
smile.gif
but i guess you could just install the USB loaders boot.dol using preloader too lol

liquilogic05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have a preloader, i used to, but it got over written when i updated to 4.0, and i didnt put it back on yet

also, what does trucha signing mean?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Preloader? You could be in trouble. You see, Preloader and the Trucha bug are what allow you to autoboot homebrew discs.

Trucha-signing is the bug that lets homebrewers bypass the Wii's security system and install unofficial IOS's and wads, as well as autoboot modified discs. If you updated via Waninkoko's method then your IOS60 should be trucha signed.

The problem is that even if you have the trucha bug, you don't have the Preloader hack that allows the recovery menu to autoboot any disc. A modchip could help you out in the event you did Waninkoko's update. If not, then a chip won't get you anywhere either.

liquilogic05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot, i do have a trucha patched wii, or whatever you wanna call it then, because i did use waninkokos, and i have always been able to get pass wiis security and play unofficial wads and isos. So i guess my next step is to get a mod chip, thanks again

are there discs that my recovery mode can autoboot without the preloader hack that could help unbrick my wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night