I Bought Warhawk...

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by hankchill, Sep 2, 2007.

Sep 2, 2007

I Bought Warhawk... by hankchill at 9:41 PM (734 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    So I was looking into buying Warhark for the PS3, and all of the stores are selling it for like $69.99, but Wal-Mart and Future Shop were selling it for $59.99... I decided to check Best Buy, and they are selling it for $39.99!! Unfortunately because of it's low price, it's sold out at all Best Buy here in Canada. Damn!

I checked Future Shop's 'price match' policy, and their policy is that you have to bring a flyer in with the price and they have to call the competitor to confirm that they have stock. Had to find a way around that [​IMG]

Anyways, I went to Future Shop first thing this morning and found 2 copies there, both for $59.99. I spoke to an old friend of mine who works there, and I showed him the flyer. He said it was kinda funny because Future Shop and Best Buy are both under the same 'higher power' and are in essence almost the same store, so of course he said he'd price match and beat it by 10%, so it came to $37.99 total. He was like 'That's funny, because now it's basically we've beaten our own price'.

So picking up the game at half price, I wish I picked up the other, and sold it for full price and make a small profit [​IMG] Now I just gotta learn to play it! [​IMG] I jumped right into battle without knowing how to play and got my ass handed to me... well, I made 1 kill, but eh [​IMG]

Anyone else have the game; maybe we can play sometime?

2. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Heh, I wish it was that easy in this country ... Only one store imports PS3 games, so they can set the prices as high as they want. Same for XBOX360, but that's sold by Mueller, a German retailer, so at least prices are European. I usually buy games through ... well I used to use LikSang [​IMG] .

3. User200

Member User200 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That game was the Shit!!! Especially for the PS1 now I'm debating on getting a PS3, especially since i don't have a High Def TV

4. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Skipping FPS that doesnt support mouse and keyboard =(
    Resistance supports them for chatting but not in play