I bought this LE out of 3....

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by MaartenMx, Jun 7, 2013.

1. MaartenMx
    OP

MaartenMx GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2013
    Netherlands
    I had either the choice, to get a brand new Fire Emblem 3DS XL bundle for €205, or a Pickachu 3DS XL from someone else for €160 or a LE Zelda ocarina of time 3DS for €120.

After thinking i decided to choose the Zelda one, do you guys think i made the right choice?

Chary likes this.
  2. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Well if you did not want a 3DS XL you made the right choice, my roommate has the Zelda one and it is very nice.
    I myself wanted an XL so I got a Pikachu one when it came out here last December, and I love that design, the others were too boring for me.
    Speaking of boring, the Fire Emblem design looks a bit bland too me, so my choice would have been between Pikachu and Zelda.

3. natkoden

natkoden Not a New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    No, 3DS XL is 3000 times better.

The difference is huge.

Riyaz likes this.
  4. Coconut

Coconut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    No, you should've bought a 3ds XL.

Riyaz likes this.
  5. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    I love the XL, some people seem to like the standard mode more.
    Everyone his/her own.

6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Bad choice, should have went for the xl

7. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Depends on your preference and budget, really.
    Zelda: cheapest by €40-85, but is regular edition and doesn't come with the Club Nintendo coins (I assume).
    Pikachu: middle price range, but is XL version, and also doesn't come with Club Nintendo coins (I assume).
    Fire Emblem: most expensive, but is XL version, and comes with Club Nintendo coins.

None of the cases are appealing to me personally (except Cosmo Black, but I'd prefer it to not be shiny), but I don't really care that much, so long as it's not My Little Pony or anything like that. Just ask yourself what edition you want, if you want the Club Nintendo coins, and how much you want to spend.

My choice would've been none of the above, and got a themeless 3DSXL off of eBay for cheaper. But that's just me.

8. MaartenMx
    OP

MaartenMx GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2013
    Netherlands
    Well, I didn't like the looks of the 3ds so in my opinion I think i made the right choice. Prett surprised tho that people do not like the original 3ds

9. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Choice in this case is just the illusion of being too poor to have both. I don't find any issues with the 3DS, well the one I got anyways. I can't say the same for those unlucky enough to get dead pixels, messed up buttons and defective hinges, etc.

Warning: Spoilers inside!