I bet the wiikey team is going to use the update..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shonosuke, Aug 7, 2007.

1. shonosuke
    OP

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I bet the wiikey team is going to use the nintendo update as an excuse and change the release of the wiikey update to november or something

2. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That would actually be a fair reason compared to their previous ones...

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see any update at all regardless of the new update from nintendo.

4. StacMaster-S

Member StacMaster-S GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I can't imagine there would be that much work involved with building a new WiiKey setup disc... I think Nintendo is just detecting the title on the disc right now or something simple like that. Just enough of a change to inconvenience us!

5. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
  6. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    When I read the homepage when I joined GBATemp today, I got a popup from AOL. I only read it for a second and it looked like wiikey firmware 3.0 [​IMG] I thought the exact same thing that they were going to use this as an excuse not to release it. I still don't think the wiikey has any sort of firmware update for it and its another excuse to get people buying the wiikey.

I'm not updating yet because you never know if nintendo have put something in the new firmware to log all the copied games you play. Then after a few months they collect all the data. I can't see nintendo bricking the wiis though as they'd just have people exchanging them like what happened when paper mario was released.

Maybe they'll just ban you from using the wii online. Which is no real lose.

7. TGBoy

Member TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Kuwait
    Do u suppose Nintendo will add the firmware to some of their upcoming titles like Super Smash Bros Brawl maybe? Updatin the firmware automatically

8. jalaneme

United Kingdom

i presume so, just use the brick blocker to remove the update and be done with it.

9. platypusrme427

Member platypusrme427 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But what happens if they somehow make the game not function without the new firmware? Or is it not possible?

10. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    then we would either have 2 options in this situation:

1: take the plunge and just update to the latest
    2: refuse to play the game at all and stick with the old firmware untill someone can find a way around it.

11. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Brick blocker is just to remove the update from another region so you don't brick your wii with the wrong firmware. If 3.0 firmware is supplied on the disc you will still need 3.0 firmware installed to run it. I can see trauma team having this update on when its released in europe on friday.

12. wiimii

Member wiimii GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  13. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Lots of people with lots of chips, none are bricked. only older firmware chiip or whatever it's called have to update their firmware for it to work, but wiikey is fine. Only thing is u need to use gcos to boot the wiikey disc

14. Zesto

Newcomer Zesto Advanced Member

United States
    Tayroll fail.

So the new Wii update works with Wiikey? I thought you only needed to boot with GCOS so your settings are intact.

15. wiimii

United Kingdom
    Does this mean that gamecube games wont work if you update ,seen as those obviously use the gcos ? i dont really catch what you mean.

Are you basically saying if you update, the wiikey setup disk wont boot but gamecube gamees will?

wiimii

16. j5c077

Member j5c077 dood

United States
    and i bet the wiikey update is never gonna happen..

17. wiimii

United Kingdom
    well i updated to 3.0 but now i cant get on the news channel i have error code NEWS000006 using wiikey , i dont know wether it s anything to do with the mod or the update as ive only just tried the news channel ? i googled for the error news000006 and couldnt find anything . am i on my own here and yes it did work when i first got the wii

edit: my backups work fine also this is the only problem,, does anyone think i should format the wii in the settings or wont it help? also if i do ,will i lose my saved games???

18. Goldcoastr

Newcomer Goldcoastr Advanced Member

Australia
    Hmmmm before this

didnt every1 say that no wii modchip would be effected by a firmware update

i geuss was wrong

this is nintendo's second come back to modded wii systems

oh well seems the modders out there say we can over come it

& i asure you it will be fixed & Nintendo once again back to office to try stop us yet once again

BELOW MSG FOR NINTENDO STAFF WHO READ THESE FUROMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (thanks for reading nintendo just cause your the 5th biggest company in JAPAN doesnt mean you can push us little people around at all, your not sony now lik-sang rocked DEATH TO SONY!!!!)

[​IMG]

19. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This isn't like Sony with Lik-sang. There isn'treally anything wrong with what Nintendo is doing. The current modchips for the Wii are preety much only good for one thing: playing backup games.

The Wiikey site has also updated. From reading it, does it mean they won't release the firmware update until they find out why it doesn't work? People already know how to make the discs work so if they aren't releasing the update for this reason seems pretty stupid...Hopefully one of the beta testers will leak the update if the Wiikey team decides not release it.

20. spyder2k5

Newcomer spyder2k5 Member

United States
    The update will come there are tons of people tho that say it won't and such but the same as me saying it will is the same as they saying it won't, Who knows..? The fact tho is I will trust them until they give a reason to not trust them which they have not... Delays are not a reason just look at game devs and the fact Is an update really that badly needed to cuss them over a few GC games....? I didn't think so chill only time will tell.