I beat Zelda Phantom Hourglass last night

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by squeaks, Oct 30, 2007.

1. squeaks
    OP

squeaks GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2007
    Anyone who has, was the game easy or hard? Any secrets you guys wanna share that I might've not yet discovered? I think I'm missing a few heart containers and a lot of ship parts. And am I suppose to have a better shield than the wooden one?

2. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I think the game in general was easy, but the final boss was quite hard IMO.
    Ive already died 2 times, and I still havent beat him.
    But the main reason why I die, is because I cant draw that 8 correctly, so you can stop time for a few secs.
    Any tips?

You can buy a heart container sometimes, Ive bought one on Beedle's ship and one on Mercay Island in the shop.

Didnt find a better shield.

3. Ducky

Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Oct 13, 2007
    Iceland
    Duckling Land!
    you should warn people for spoiler.. >

4. eonwe217

eonwe217 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2007
    Colombia
    the game was pretty easy i got the same problem with the 8 but the last boss was too easy

5. Antihero2007

Antihero2007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2007
    The whole game was easy but fun the whole way through and I was impressed by how well they used the DS.

This is actually the first Zelda game I've ever completed I usually get bored or just start doing something else and forget about it.

6. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Any tips for the making of the 8?

7. robowns

robowns Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2007
    you dont make an 8 u make like an hourglass shape, an 8 with corners

8. beedog19

beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2006
    United States
    Sunny Southern California
    I just drew it very small and very quickly. At first I couldn't do it at all but by the time I finally beat the final boss I was doing it every time.

I too thought the game was very easy until the final boss and that was just hard to control, not hard to beat. All in all I was very satisfied with the game besides the fact that you can't restart your completed game with all of the ship parts that you get. In the final dungeon I got like 5 ship parts that I never got around to using.

9. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    I really like playing through for knowing the storyline of the game. Not only that, but I'm so horrible that I die A LOT and have to play the part over and over and over again. I got so sick of that now so I'm completing the game with my AR, just for the sake of infinite health. Call me a cheater all you want, but I just love to play videogames and I hate dying 5646879832235456 times. Certain games I can get through without it - but others are just nearly impossible. Like Trauma Center Under the Knife. That was hell just trying to complete.

10. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I just beat it, tnx to the tips!

I'm watching the credits now, really nice!

11. Zarcon

Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Former Staff
    Nov 6, 2002
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    You can load up your last save and it'll plop you before the final battle so you can finish collecting items and whatnot.

I liked the game, it showed that the DS is capable of more than the same ol' gimmicky things all the time and it played really well.

I found the game really easy though, I never lost more than 2 hearts.

For those that are finding the game kind of hard, the wisdom fairy will be infinitely more useful to you than the courage or power ones. At level 1 you take 1/2 damage and at level 2 you take 1/4 damage.

Assuming of course that you've found enough gems to upgrade your fairies.

12. Seccom Masada

Seccom Masada GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2007
    You never get a better shield, but equipping the powered up blue(?) fairy raises your defense, that's kind of the same.

13. fenthwick

fenthwick GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2007
    It was kinda funny that I discovered the fairy island after I beated the final boss :[​IMG]

14. 2cb2ct7

2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2007
    How long does the game take to complete, roughly?

15. demispike

demispike Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2007
    Belgium
    i only completed the story i heard you can learn a tornado spin attack with the hero clothes

16. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Umm...there's an uncharted island that looks like a Nintendo DS. :>

17. beedog19

beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2006
    United States
    Sunny Southern California
    Sweet, reading over this makes me kinda want to go back to my old save and find some more stuff. I thought that I had found a good number of the things and just wasn't gonna bother with the game for a while.

18. cupajoe

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

Aug 25, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    That's awesome! *sails around*

19. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I got to the point where I was supposed to deliver mail to the mermaid and chase after the ghost ship.....I just sort of got bored and quit playing. Other games came out and I moved on to them.......I very rarely finish games. I figure that way I always have something to go back to, although I never seem to actually get back to them. [​IMG]

20. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I heard rumors that there's also an uncharted island in the shape of Tingle's head.