Hacking I basically have no idea how to use this second-hand xbox360

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xexmenu is great, and will be great for that one member who's usb ports seem to be messed up (if he flashes without dashlaunch). it's read as a demo game (half controller) in the official dash. if you want to install the 360 compatibility files, remember to enable access to hddx. simply copying them doesn't work as I tried that with the ones by Math, the ones that let you access the guide.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not needed, no, but to play burns you have to flash the drive like normally from what I remember.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think most people flash the drive anyway though, since the system is already open, and you can easily get your dvd key I think with xell.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
it's not needed, no, but to play burns you have to flash the drive like normally from what I remember.

I think most people flash the drive anyway though, since the system is already open, and you can easily get your dvd key I think with xell.

I'm pretty sure you can extract an iso, copy the files to a DVD-dl, then load the xex via xexmenu

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recall, but I think official systems allow discs or usb with demos only, which is why I think xexmenu is read as a demo. ;)

I think xexmenu doesn't work for an official system, because it's unsigned, but a jtag/rgh wouldn't care about that obviously. I think content that's not signed comes up as corrupted data on an official system.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
I can't recall, but I think official systems allow discs or usb with demos only, which is why I think xexmenu is read as a demo. ;)

I think xexmenu doesn't work for an official system, because it's unsigned, but a jtag/rgh wouldn't care about that obviously. I think content that's not signed comes up as corrupted data on an official system.

Yep it does, you can get it to appear correctly on a retail units, using modio or le fluffie, however when you load it, it will say an error has occurred and refuse to start it

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -