OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
I got too excited by the new banner tools and managed to brick it.
Not sure what I did wrong, but my Wii boot's up and then shows a black screen.

Update
Problem solved by JayParadox
smile.gif

Burn the wad manger to a disc and it will autoboot on the warning screen, when it starts you just uninstall the bad WAD.
http://rapidshare.com/files/121448651/WAD-...OBOOT_.rar.html

Burn with the newest version of ImgBurn, because it's a 5MB ISO and other DVD burners fail with that size.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaWiis said:
Is there any fix, or should i just save for a new wii? I can just keep the old mod chip
tongue.gif

Luckily I have a Wii that I keep for backup (hombrew free)

If you have a Wii that you use for a backup, why bother getting a new one? Its not like the Wii has a stunning library that you just can't put down. Just wait until better stuff is released for banner tools and use your backup Wii. There's no sense in owning two Wiis unless one of them is going to be sold on eBay.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a drivechip, you should be able to force boot a disc.

I forget the name of the tool that'll do it, but Google should dig it up.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Try keeping press the button + so it'll skip on the next page and won't load the banner. But I doubt It would work.

I have another idea : Make an autobootable disc that will reinstall your channel with a not corrupted one. I'm pretty sure it'll work because it doesn't load the Wii menu and boots directly to the DVD.

An autobootable disc isn't that hard to make. There's some tool floating around or if you have an hexadecimal editor, open the ISO and replace the "R" with a "0" and save. That's all.

Never give up, I'm sure my solution will work ! I had a wii that showed a black message "Your system is corrupted" for months before the homebrew / trucha wave and I repaired it only because I kept trying new solutions
wink.gif

EDIT : Bleh, I've been double-burned.

WiiModWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the link for the editing tool to completely by-pass the Wii system menu and boot a disc, I would either try the wad remover, or if it comes down to it, using this disc in combination with the System Downgrader that was released earlier today, that way it'll install a new IOS with an earlier system menu. Anyway, here's the link for the "straight to disc" booter, http://wiinewz.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=15 Let us know your results

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiModWiis said:
Here's the link for the editing tool to completely by-pass the Wii system menu and boot a disc, I would either try the wad remover, or if it comes down to it, using this disc in combination with the System Downgrader that was released earlier today, that way it'll install a new IOS with an earlier system menu. Anyway, here's the link for the "straight to disc" booter, http://wiinewz.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=15 Let us know your results
The system downgrader hasn't been released?

And the only reason he is bricked is because his wii menu is reading the channels icon as corrupted data. His ios version has nothing to do with it.

WiiModWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
WiiModWiis said:
The system downgrader hasn't been released?

And the only reason he is bricked is because his wii menu is reading the channels icon as corrupted data. His ios version has nothing to do with it.

My bad, I was reading this earlier today, http://wiinewz.com/forums/nintendo-news/69...-downgrade.html turns out it's not out yet.

DaWiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
samsam12 said:
can you hear the sound after the black screen, if you can, try to click on a channel.

I hear the "entering menu music" but I don't hear the background music. I can't click on channels and I can't press + to do anything.

I burned a self booting disc with the hombrew channel on it. But nothing happens.
I get the warning screen and then the entering menu music, but nothing more.
The disc keep spinning, the wiimote stays connected. But theres no response, no sound, no vibration.
Just the black screen of death
tongue.gif

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaWiis said:
samsam12 said:
can you hear the sound after the black screen, if you can, try to click on a channel.

I hear the "entering menu music" but I don't hear the background music. I can't click on channels and I can't press + to do anything.

I burned a self booting disc with the hombrew channel on it. But nothing happens.
The disc keep spinning, the wiimote stays connected. But theres no response, no sound, no vibration.
tongue.gif

So... have we all learned a valuable lesson yet in how damned easy it is to fully brick your Wii to a non-fixable level yet?

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had this happen to me. it installed a channel on the second channel screen.
so when i loaded up, I had the first screen on (ie Disc channel, Shop etc), but when i pressed + to the next screen, it crashed.

Luckily I had wad manager on the 1st lol

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DaWiis said:
samsam12 said:

tongue.gif
Why would you do that?
Homebrew channel is a... channel... theres no way you can get to it if you make a modified iso with it on and you're bricked. Open trucha signer and replace the main.dol in the second partition with either the wad manager or the wad uninstaller. Run it through the patcher and burn. Uninstall the corrupted wad and you will be unbricked.

DaWiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
I thought the HBC would boot from the DVD. My bad.
I'll try again with wad manager.

Looks Like I need to download a game first.
I'll keep you guys updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn