apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys i have been sorta in and out on 360 hacking just been hearing bout it not really into it but now i am about to get a 360 and i have a question should i get the older one with the falcon and benq drives or just the newer one?

I heard that if you do pirate games you would be permanently banned from live, is that true? What other risks are there and do you personally think i should mod it?

Thanks in advance

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no such thing as a Falcon drive. Falcon is the motherboard, The mobo has nothing to do with flashing your dvd drive so forget anything about the mobo types. You should aim to get a BenQ or lower but it will be pretty hard. If you do end up getting a Lite on then you can spoof it and get a BenQ.

You will only get banned from Live if your 360 backups are not stealthed. All scene releases are stealthed, If somehow they are not you can easily stealth them.

There is no other risks that I can think of. It is up to you if you should mod it or not, After all it is YOUR 360.

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay i see what do you mean by i can spoof it and get a BenQ? Also if i do have stealthed releases there is like no chance i could get banned right even if i play online with that game?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By spoofing (i don't have a lot of knowledge about this) is to extarct the information from the lite on and putting it onto the ben q so it works on your mobo. You cant just change dvd drives btw.

If you have a stealthed copy then there is no chance of getting banned. Just be sure to not play big titles early (big titles often get dumped early) online. But you could i suppose, a member on here has been playing gears of war 2 since it got dumped and he hasn't been banned. But i'd advise not to play early dumps online. If you intend to not play them online be sure to unplug your ethernet cable or what ever connects your 360 to your internet.

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why is it so hard to get detailed info on modding/flashing xbox360's? I've been reading up on it for a few weeks, but I'm still not 100% sure on everything. I want to buy an xbox but I don't know if I should get a new one or an old one, I don't know what dvd drive to look for because I've read soooo many different opinions on this topic. Is there anyone who has modded/flashed their xbox360 that can answer my questions? All I want to know is which would be the cheapest and easiest way to do this?
Also I've read that the only way to copy a game is to reflash the drive, copy it then you have to flash it again to play it, is this true?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Edit: I've got a friend who has an xbox360 for sale $160. It has been fixed for RROD and its been flashed with firmware but the dvd drive has stopped reading game disks (even the backups). Is this an easy fix, like reflashing it or something?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RhiGhost said:
Why is it so hard to get detailed info on modding/flashing xbox360's? I've been reading up on it for a few weeks, but I'm still not 100% sure on everything. I want to buy an xbox but I don't know if I should get a new one or an old one, I don't know what dvd drive to look for because I've read soooo many different opinions on this topic. Is there anyone who has modded/flashed their xbox360 that can answer my questions? All I want to know is which would be the cheapest and easiest way to do this?
Also I've read that the only way to copy a game is to reflash the drive, copy it then you have to flash it again to play it, is this true?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Edit: I've got a friend who has an xbox360 for sale $160. It has been fixed for RROD and its been flashed with firmware but the dvd drive has stopped reading game disks (even the backups). Is this an easy fix, like reflashing it or something?

It isn't hard when you know where to look for information.

You'll want a old dvd drive but it is ok if you get a lite-on since you can spoof it. There is no cheap or expensive way. I don't' understand what you mean about "copy a game". In my life time of having a flashed drive I've never had to reflash it.

I suggest you go read the textbook.pdf

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omg thankyou! I've tried a few links to that but they haven't worked, but yours does. I love you!
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn