autem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I am using rxtools and I did everything by this video

everything went great until I tried to open my game, I just get stuck on the loading screen forever

any help ? plz

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try being more descriptive, like you're opening what game from where on what FW.

I'll just have to take a wild stab at what your issue is since you haven't given much descriptive information.
If you're trying to boot a cia you installed that needs a FW higher than 9.2 and you are on a 9.2 emunand it will likely just stall at the 3ds logo or blackscreen on you.
You'd either need to find a FWspoofed cia or upgrade emunand's FW (if you're on o3ds) after unlinking nands.

autem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using ON3DS the ver is 6.0.011U I downloaded two games from both are USA region
I used rxtools, I open the site and uses lunch in emuNAND

Last edited by autem,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By asking "where" I meant to ask if you're talking about launching from a cart or emunand, not what website did you get the rom images.

Please do not link such sites as they are against the rules. I'd suggest editing your post to remove the link.Thanks

What games though and what FW version is your emunand?
As I mentioned some games require newer FW, if these are newer titles this is likely your issue.

Edit: you mention 6.0, if your nands are linked and you haven't updated emunand you are likely on an extremely old emunand FW too and you'd constantly run into the issue of having too low a FW to run most games.

Last edited by jaksy,

autem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the fast replay, well I think its old cuz I used 1026v
so is there a way to update it, or I am stuck ?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1026v?
What are you trying to do, update emunand so you can play newer games that need a newer FW without stalling at the 3ds logo?

I believe the rxtools tutorial explains how to update your emunand safely.
Look for the section 6 titled "Unlinking your NANDS" and follow that prior to section 7 about updating emunand.

Last edited by jaksy,

autem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they are already unlinked from the video I used

is that right ? should I just launch and go to the setting then update ?

go to 12:20

Last edited by autem,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That video was included in the rxtools tutorial originally though I never watched it and followed the text guide under it.
It does seem that it shows you how to unlink nands at 12:20, so if you followed this you should be good to go for emunand updating on your O3ds.
New 3ds would be a slightly different procedure I believe, but on an old 3ds with unlinked nands you can just use the system settings updater as long as you are 100% sure you are in emunand and booted straight to it after a clean boot of the system.

As the guide says "Make sure it says RX-E or RX3D in front of the version number to be sure that you are in emuNAND" and you should be safe.

If you are using a tubehax dns it might require turning it off temporarily so you can connect to the update servers.

Last edited by jaksy,

autem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did update it, and I made sure it started with RX3D, but now I am stuck on a blackscreen everytime I try to lunch emuNAND

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what to tell you, it should work following it as the guide explains. 10.4 has been confirmed to work fine on rxtools emunand on o3ds.
Since you were all the way on 6.0 are you perhaps using a way outdated version of RXtools or something as well?

Edit:
I just tried bumping my 10.3 emunand to 10.4 to doublecheck, and it's booting just fine for me.

Last edited by jaksy,

autem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I will restart everything from 0, I am sorry for the troubles, and will be glade if you gave me a good tutorial

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If rxTools now works with 10.4, he probably needs the newest version.
I'm using a slightly older version of rxtools and it's working fine on O3ds, so he either has a super old version or is trying to do this on a N3ds.
I've tried to stress that the procedure is different on a n3ds, so hopefully he got the message, but I'm unsure what model his "ON3DS" is.

Reactions: Quantumcat

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its an OLD 3ds xl, I am so sure, I don't even have that extra stick on the right
Right, okay good then rxtools emunand updates should theoretically work.

I'd suggest trying switching your rxtools install out for a newer version and see if that works, as it should pickup your emunand partition just fine if it wasn't corrupted and this might be faster than starting from scratch.
If this for some reason doesn't work then I'd suggest following the text guide that was linked previously quite closely, as that method should work if done correctly.

Reactions: Quantumcat

autem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh sorry about that, ok I did update it and now the lunch stuck me on a black screen , so I am gonna restart everything, hopefully it will work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am using 2.6 :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s