I am so f****ng screwed.. 3DS Firmware problem..

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fpsbroski, Oct 25, 2016.

1. fpsbroski
    OP

fpsbroski Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hi there, so as the title suggests already, I am screwed.. The reason why I am screwed is because my 3DS is on it's latest firmware.. The reason why I updated to the latest is all due me not knowing about this whole Luma3DS thing until now, I thought you needed a gateway 3ds card so I was like better update then. So my question is what can I do? Should I just destroy my 3DS and buy a new one or ask someone to hardmod it (I am a huge failure when it comes to internal modding, motherboard modding etc.) or is there a way to get any sort of Bootloader to work on my 3DS with firmware 11.2.0-35E? Because I want to play CIA files and just have that feeling when I used my R4 card in the good old days, as these 3DS games are too expensive even with my job.. thanks in advance...

2. HellaJvke

HellaJvke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    In your mind
    there is not much you can do now tbh...

MelonGx and Zidapi like this.
  3. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Your best option is to eather check if sky3ds works on 11.2 still which allows piracy on ofw but you need a special header edit on the roms to go online without getting banned....or buy a old-new 3ds from around 120-250$ online that already has luma and a9lh preinstalled.

4. fpsbroski
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    Netherlands
    Awesomeeee...

5. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    It's not what you want to hear, but if you wait there will be a workaround. There has been a workaround for every prior fw, and 11.2 will be no exception.

6. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    1) Sell it and use the funds for a new one hopefully <10.7 firm, look around as there are websites with serial number look-ups
    2) Pay for someone to hardmode9 it or dsiware downgrade it
    3) Buy a sky3ds+

7. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Does dsi downgrade still work on 11.2.0-35?

8. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Yes plailect guide was just updated, looks like DGTools has been updated to work on 11.2

x65943 likes this.
  9. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    Buy the game Fieldrunners from the eshop and set up a homebrew launcher entry point, then wait for an arm11 kernel exploit to release.

10. fpsbroski
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yeah I already spend all my money on a 3DS.. I wish you could just restore everything and it wouldn't remember the update but I guess I should try to check if any bootloader will be compatible with it
    Maybe sky3ds is a option then
    Ehh so I need to spend money on a game and hope it will get a kernel exploit, seems kinda odd to do as it's not a fix more like a prepare thing.

11. zezzo

zezzo The "Black Ace"

Sep 14, 2015
    United States
    Just do it man it will be worth it. It is also a cheap game

12. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    It is cheaper to buy either a hardmod or a 2ds to use for downgrading than a sky3ds...

fpsbroski, sup3rgh0st and Quantumcat like this.
  13. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Send it to Samsung so they can make a bomb out of it. j/k

Kidding aside, just sell it and buy another 3ds with cfw or 3ds with lower firmware.

fpsbroski likes this.
  14. TEINDTPA

TEINDTPA Banned

Banned
    Oct 6, 2016
    Mauritius
    Hell

JUST BUY IT IT IS 5$ .....if not just watch you will regret it soon...

15. GreaterDog

GreaterDog A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior

Banned
    Nov 12, 2015
    Trying To Hide From Raulpica's Bans
    you can always go outside and have fun . . . . :yay:

16. fpsbroski
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    Netherlands
    It's not easy as you think man, I appreciate the enthousiasm but I have a debt to pay at the moment which is kind of concerning and my number 1 thing to focus on at the moment.

17. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Let me get this: You didn't know about Luma3DS and any CFW stuff and you upgraded your firmware becuase you had Gateway?

18. TEINDTPA

TEINDTPA Banned

Banned
    Oct 6, 2016
    Mauritius
    Hell
    yo it is easy to get 5$ im freaking poor i owe a lot of cash and i did it but iv heard you could downgrade 3ds 12./11 firmwares with fieldrunner soon am pretty sure investing a little 5$ buck wouldn't hurt...i know it may not be easy but at least try that your best solution for cheap... man believe me you will regret not buying it as soon as Nintendo remove it from store.

19. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    R.I.P

Sorry to hear that bud, all you can do is wait for a free option to pop up, but it's rumored to be out SOON

20. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    That doesn't make sense to me - if you can't spare $5 how can you catch a bus or recharge your mobile phone or any other thing you need to be able to do? What company would lend money to someone who doesn't have $5 when they need it?

When the arm11 exploit is released that allows you to DSiWare downgrade with just one console, maybe Nintendo will finally pull Fieldrunners and Legends of Exidia from the eShop so if you didn't buy it before hand you'll be stuck, again.

yuyuyup likes this.