I am new to PSTV, please some help VitaShell OFFLINE solution ?

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This was good knowledge for me, thanks man.

All VPKs that I try to install from Vitashell over USB mode has the same error. Found on the internet more users with the same problem, maybe USB is not the best solution.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-install-vpk-files-error-0xffffffff.517486/

will check out your usbdevice tool :)

This is what I try to install and the only reason why I had buy the PSTV ->
fsw-vita - Port of Shadow Warrior Classic - jfsw-vita v.1.2 Author: Rinnegatamante
https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/705

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Iwas thinking to Install the homebrew store to get the application direkt from the vitadb store. But u need install the store first too.. outch..😖

Hmmm alternatively its a PSP port how i see. So there must be a iso around. U where able to get PPSSPP on Smartphone or Smarttv and play it.🤔

Last edited by Sypherone,

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, I had install VitaHBBrowser.vpk, same idea just download the game port files there and install from them on USB later offline.
The installation was good working and it shows up the HBrowser in the home menu, but when I start it than it comes only a black screen.

For port of Shadow Warrior, this is a old classic PC game MS-DOS 1997, it comes from the Duke Nukem 3D engine Ken Silverman. I must implent the Pc files for my self into from game Disc into the Vita Port from Rinnegatamante. I did the same on the Wii and PS3 and Dreamcast and its working DN3D (not SW), but PSTV is very new for me. PSVita TV is the first console with the homebrew port of Shadow Warrior, no other console has it. The same with Quake III / RTCW. Amazing.

Currently any VPK can not be installed with vitashell, what can be the problem ? The HBrowser will install the game for self on USB so far I had read the FAQ, this would solve the problem.

EDIT :
Maybe it comes from the PSP Duke Nukem 3D port, that is maybe the reason why you think its PSP ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I had install VitaHBBrowser.vpk, same idea just download the game port files there and install from them on USB later offline.
The installation was good working and it shows up the HBrowser in the home menu, but when I start it than it comes only a black screen.

For port of Shadow Warrior, this is a old classic PC game MS-DOS 1997, it comes from the Duke Nukem 3D engine Ken Silverman. I must implent the Pc files for my self into from game Disc into the Vita Port from Rinnegatamante. I did the same on the Wii and PS3 and Dreamcast and its working, but PSTV is very new for me.

Currently any VPK can not be installed with vitashell, what can be the problem ? The HBrowser will install the game for self on USB so far I had read the FAQ, this would solve the problem.
that is normal when you first start up the homebrew browser. it's creating a cache folder in the data folder of ux0.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
uhh. I had put the TV console OFF and break up the black screen. Is it damage ? must I reinstall it new ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may have messed up the cache, but I doubt it messed up the app or the system. you can delete the cache manually. it's in the data folder. it will be a black screen for a few moments when you first boot it up. let me check what the name is:

1640277511071.png

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes waiting had fix the problem, HBrowser is working and Shadow Warrior is downloading its for free the full game. But where do it go ? The PSTV is not install it on the USB drive. Download very very slow.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it will be on the livearea, wherever you have ux0 set to. I don't know if there will be a problem with usb. I no longer use usb.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What you use ? Thanks anyway you had help a lot.

Maybe I have to mount first the USB drive with vitashell and than use the HBrowser ?

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The install over HBrowser was working and Shadow Warrior is show up in the home menu. When I start the game it say error 'libshacccg.suprx' is missing. To fix this problem I had install this one ->
https://github.com/SonicMastr/PIB-Configuration-Tool/releases
Its not on the USB drive. Its installed on my intern PSTV with 1gb, so 500MB are left, hope is enough.

Now Shadow Warrior is working. Many Thanks :) Problem solved. (so far)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr