I am new to ds homebrew!

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by kidcash37, Aug 13, 2010.

Aug 13, 2010

I am new to ds homebrew! by kidcash37 at 9:36 PM (2,794 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. kidcash37
    OP

Newcomer kidcash37 Member

United States
    Hello,
    I am a noob to ds homebrew and am trying to use it on my ds lite!

I have a coulple questions about acekard2.

1.Were can i purchase acekard 2 for a reasonable price with no shipping charge?(I need a reputable site)

2.Can acekard 2 use a 8gb micro sdhc card?

3.Can i put other things on this sd card other than ds stuff?(In other words i plan to use this micro sdhc for other files, not just ds homebrew and am wondering if i should just be used for ds homebrew)

4.How do i go about installing firmware on acekard 2? (Should i use acekard 2 firmware or AKAIO firmware.Also can AkAIO play videos or do i need to use moonshell for that)

5.Can DS be used to play free full ds games?Are they called roms?(Yes or no. Im not asking for ds game download or site on this forum due to tos of this forum.)

6.Do i have to use wi-fi with this?

7.Is it possible it can mess up my ds lite system?

8.If anyone has psp homebrew, Which is better psp or ds?

Thanks in advance! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom

3. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Here.

What you think?

3º Why not?

Reading all this info about this fucking great Custom Firmware for Acekard.

5º Fucking pirate. You only a fucking n00b who wants to play free.

6º Use Wi-Fi to put your MicroSD to the computer and copy files? :facepalm:

7º No if you aren´t a retarded who treat fatal your objects.

8º Who was more powerful? PSP or DS? Or better, PSP or SuperCard DSTWO?

You aren´t a new at DS Homebrew. You just want play games free [​IMG]

I want the 3DS will not has like the same piracy of DS and PSP. Only homebrew. To kill n00bs like this.

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    2. AK2 can use 8gb microSDs

3. You could use it to hold other files. As for media, Moonshell2 is one of the best at handling it (videos must be converted to .dpg format prior to watching).

4. Installing is simple. Just drag&drop the akmenu4.nds and __aio/__ak2 folder to the root of the microSD.

7. It is very hard to come across anything that can harm your DS via flashcart. Most of the time, it will just mess with your flashcart if anything. As far as I know, the only things that can really kill your DS are r0mloader.nds, taihen.nds, and or a bad clone (I remember there was a certain clone that could blow a fuse).

5. Blaze163

United Kingdom
    Jesus titty fucking Christ, calm down. You're on a site where I'm pretty sure a fair percentage of the users are blatant pirates getting irate about pirates. Conflict of interests much?

You know what these boards need? A smily giving someone the finger. For moments like these. Like this one. I hereby petition for this smiley to be added.

[​IMG]

6. kidcash37
    OP

United States
    Thanks man!

By the way is cylo ds evo better than Acekard 2? is it cheaper?

Do you need to install a firmware on it?

To Juanmatron i have no comment as i said i was a noob!

Thank you! @Blaze163 and @jurassicplayer

7. Blaze163

United Kingdom
    The Cyclo is incredibly easy to use and pretty well supported by the official team, but it lacks DSi compatability and unlike the SuperCard DS Two you need an expansion card to play GBA games. I've not used the AceKard myself, but I can tell you that the Cyclo is a great card. If you want something that does absolutely everything though, I'd say the SuperCard DS Two is your best bet though as it allows GBA game playback as well as pretty much everything the other cards do.

8. kidcash37
    OP

United States
    Thanks!

Does anyone on this site think different than?

Can acekard 2 use AKAIO firmware or is Acekard2 firmware better?

9. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If want it for homebrew, then get the DSTWO. They have a SDK for homebrew developers, and the cart also has a built in processor which is fairly powerful. When they get round to it there should be a DIVX movie player for it which uses the additional processor for playback, the Acekard is limited to DPG or low fps clips .

Use AKAIO, it does everything the official does but has better compatibility. I have a guide for Acekard/ AKAIO here which will tell you how to set it up and how to use it.

10. kidcash37
    OP

United States
    Thank you so much. I am really gonna get acekard and install it on my ds.

Is DSTWO better for playing games then Acekard because i read that Acekard can be used to play any ds game by people who tried it out, But DSTWO i read in your post has a built in processor

I only wonder if iedge better than acekard?

11. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

DSTwo is a great card, but it's about 4 times the price. If you're not using the GBA emulation on it, it's pretty much useless. The SNES emulator on the Supercard DSTwo is still in beta mode as well, so things are not as polished on that end of emulation.

I recommend the Acekard2i, not just the 2, because it works for sure with an 8gb micro SD card (better safe than sorry, and I love space so that's what I use), and it's compatible with all DS game systems in case you ever wish to upgrade to a DSi/XL.

When using AK2i, it has FULL cheats database compatibility, especially with the AKAIO firmware. It also has phenomenal compatibility. Very few games don't work on it. AK2i works with Homebrew, and using the emulators NESDS (NES games) and Lameboy (GB and GBC games) you can emulate lots of the classics.

Moonshell is also a great program because it lets you play all kinds of media files. Your DS can be your new iPod.

You will love the Acekard2i if you get it - it's simply amazing and life sucked for me without mine XD

12. kidcash37
    OP

United States
    But doesnt DsTWO have those same features as Ak2i. Just the fact that it can run gba emulation as well. Which Ak2i cant.

Can Dstwo Play as many games as Ak2i?

Plus i hear AK2i is built very flimsy and must be handled with care or otherwise they can be broken.

Which is built better AK2i or DSTWO?

13. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yes, the DSTWO does pretty much everything the AK2i does.

Compatibility on both is very good, both will play most games and if they don't their software will get updated so they do.

Build quiality on the Acekard isn't the best, but there have also been the odd complaint about the DSTWO's build quality. The DSTWO's issue stems from where it has much more inside the cart, memory chip and processor.

Personally i'd get the DSTWO, it's better value considering what you get. It's not 4x more expensive. There's bound to be some must have homebrew apps for it sooner or later.

14. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    It really comes down to price and purpose. Both will run pretty much every DS game perfectly (hell, even the cheapest flashcarts can do that) but the SCDS2 has a few more features.

If you are willing to pay the extra price for a few really advanced features and GBA games, then get the SCDS2. If you don't want to pay the high fee, then get the AceKard 2i.

The SCDS2 is better than an AceKard 2i. But it costs more. Those are the the facts.

15. kidcash37
    OP

United States
    Thanks!

What about cylods is it even competition?

16. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    It's a great DS flashcart by all standards. As long as you are only hoping to use it for a DSPhat or DSLite, it is still considered one of the top flashcarts with a variety of gaming features (RTS,RTG,etc.) and also has a high compatibility.

17. jeremy506

Member jeremy506 Some dude.

Nauru
    Well, there are other cheap flashcarts instead it Acekart. If you get an R4 with WOOD firmware, it is compatible to the max! That what I did anyways. I got it from an Irish site online I think affordable.ie or something I'm not too sure.
    Acekart is fine anyway and I don't think it stores 8GB sorry but 2GB is fine and I have one which stores lots of games. Most games are less than 50MB so you'll do fine [​IMG]

18. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    R4 original doesn't support SDHC. Acekard does.

19. jeremy506

Member jeremy506 Some dude.

Nauru
    Well as I said, most games aren't that big, so high capacity isn't necessary for most new comers in the homerbew corner.

20. kidcash37
    OP

United States
    Okay im gona get Supercard! Once i get i will comeback and talk about it!