I am making Retroarch Overlays sized to fit 3DS starting with Game Gear. Also some Retroarch Menu Themes. Instructions and templates included.

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
These are looking great so far, thanks for sharing.
I've only added templates and overlays for the consoles i use the most, i do have a few overlays available which are not uploaded yet.

Take a look at: https://github.com/libretro/common-overlays/tree/master/ctr
If you want to, these could be merged as-well as these would make a great addition.

I also really like the xmb themes, but due to performce i've chosen to use rgui on 3ds.
While not really documented, dynamic wallpaper support also has been added for rgui.

If you prefer xmb, go for it!
I'm sure any theme optimized for 3ds would also be a great addition to have merged if you want to.

If you're interested in using dynamic themes with rgui, take a look at this:
https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-assets/tree/master/wallpapers/rgui/libretro_dynamic

These are optimized for 3ds with most platforms already available. These can easily be used as templates when desired.

SAORIxMEGUMIN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are looking great so far, thanks for sharing.
I've only added templates and overlays for the consoles i use the most, i do have a few overlays available which are not uploaded yet.

Take a look at: https://github.com/libretro/common-overlays/tree/master/ctr
If you want to, these could be merged as-well as these would make a great addition.

I also really like the xmb themes, but due to performce i've chosen to use rgui on 3ds.
While not really documented, dynamic wallpaper support also has been added for rgui.

If you prefer xmb, go for it!
I'm sure any theme optimized for 3ds would also be a great addition to have merged if you want to.

If you're interested in using dynamic themes with rgui, take a look at this:
https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-assets/tree/master/wallpapers/rgui/libretro_dynamic

These are optimized for 3ds with most platforms already available. These can easily be used as templates when desired.
They worked fine on my PS Vita so I thought it would be fine with 3DS. I don't use many cores on 3DS so I never noticed a performance issue.

Do you know if Game Boy Retroarch borders are the same size as gameyob? If not I want to convert the ones I have made for gameyob. I might use retroarch more since I can't screenshot with luma with that app.

Reactions: Thee_Stranger

SAORIxMEGUMIN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next is Game Boy/Game Boy Color. Here are some templates I made if you want to make your own.

Same deal to activate the overlay except there is no need to adjust scaling since these fit default settings.

Here is the folder if you want to pick and choose. Smooth-GB-Overlays-06-25-2022 Has all of them.

Preview

Preview.png

SAORIxMEGUMIN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added some GBA Overlays. I know many people like using VC injects though I can't seem to screenshot with luma in them so I decided to make them for retroarch. Unfortunately it doesn't show the overlay though. IDK if it is possible

Preview.png

SAORIxMEGUMIN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added some for some pokemon romhacks

Pokemon Adventure Yellow/Green/Blue/Red Chapter

Also added

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Golden Sun

Advance Wars

Castlevania

Final Fantasy Tactics

Metroid Fusion

Some recolors

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Preview-2.jpg

Last edited by SAORIxMEGUMIN,
Reactions: MarioKartFan

SAORIxMEGUMIN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started SNES Overlays. Anything you think is missing? I still have 100+ more I plan to do.
Preview.png

Started doing Bottom_Menu Themes

Unzip and replace Bottom_Menu.png in retroarch/assets/ctr on your sd card.

Bottom Menu Themes

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

Finished Pokemon Mini Overlays

They are made to fit a custom scaling of 144x96. Settings>Video>Scaling>Custom Scaling set width and height here. MAke sure integer scaling is selected.

Preview.png

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    30 KB · Views: 103
  • 3.png
    3.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by SAORIxMEGUMIN,
Reactions: MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
These are fantastic. Thank you for sharing. You should consider submitting a pull request adding a few of the GBA templates to Retroarch on GitHub.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
@SAORIxMEGUMIN Would you be willing to make an overlay for the Sega Mega-Drive / Genesis and for the NEC Turbo Duo? They both have great cores for Retroarch but unlike NES, PSX and SNES, they have no overlays available.

Thanks!

SAORIxMEGUMIN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be great although I would love one that does not have any Sega or NEC characters on it (just the system art).
These will be a bit harder to do since megadrive is all one color and the size of the original resolution is such that only a slim portion of the sides will be visible for the overlay unless you wish to play at a custom resolution that is smaller than full screen. Even at full screen it is a smaller resolution size than original.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I don’t want to be choosy. You are the boss here :). I would suggest looking at the PSX overlay for inspiration. It does a good job even though it is quite small.

SAORIxMEGUMIN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t want to be choosy. You are the boss here :). I would suggest looking at the PSX overlay for inspiration. It does a good job even though it is quite small.
I thought the resolution was higher res, it is not as high as I expected. I can have it like the SNES one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.