I am looking for Salamander like game

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by mazaki, Aug 17, 2007.

Aug 17, 2007
  1. mazaki
    OP

Newcomer mazaki Newbie

Saudi Arabia
    hi guys..
    I am looking for a jet fighting games like Salamander on MSX or R Type games on DS....is there any like them?
    I am 25 years old and I only had fun playing Castlevania games on my DS....any games look like it avaiable now or soon?

thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    There are only 2 Jet fighter games that I know of for the DS; Top Gun (mostly sucks) and Jet Impulse (Japanese game, very nice)

Nobody knows why Jet Impulse never got released in America. It was previewed as DS Air ages ago, but that's it.

3. mazaki
    OP

Newcomer mazaki Newbie

Saudi Arabia
    ouh no I meant 2-D games....those are 3d and I dont liek them...I want one with powerups and your jet get destroyed by at max 1 hit [​IMG] ...Salamander or R Type were so great at that [​IMG]

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Ahh....OK. Konami Classic Series Arcade Hits had the arcade Gradius in it. Nanostray is a good shoot'em-up.

Games coming out eventually include Raid Over the River and Nanostray 2.

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Hehe, get a Sega Saturn - It's got arcade perfect ports of Salamander, Salamander 2, Parodius, Gradius and Gradius 2. Plus it's got some of the best ever 2D vertical and horizontal shooters. You can pick them up pre-modded pretty cheap these days.

The DS is an awesome machine but the Saturn is the king of 2D shooters.