Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
u just need to be funny or simply, be a meme person or either good at some popular games, u don't have to be attractive to earn subs, for those horny guys there are already a lot of silicon b00b streamers.

take Aimbotcalvin, a very popular Overwatch streamer as an example, he's literally a living ASIAN ROADHOG and he's ugly and obese AF but he has so many subs just playing one game.

p.s. i agreed about other tempers' posts, enjoy ur youth as much as you can.
That's not going to help you get a job later, it's not something you can put on your resumé. It would be a waste of time when he could be having a real job that leads to a better job in the future.

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kids these days lol i started working when i was 8 on a farmers land ! iam 34 now and still working ,lazy kids these days

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
you won't get any decent job without GOOD education.
They're not mutually exclusive. You need both. Streaming isn't going to teach you anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

kids these days lol i started working when i was 8 on a farmers land ! iam 34 now and still working ,lazy kids these days
He is asking how to get a job, he is actually being NOT lazy..

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Local computer shops. If you are able to do the work. (Actually able, not just used to tinkering) Go in, speak with the owner about a possible internship. (Will likely start unpaid) Just making it clear once you show your value that you can come on part time. In addition to giving them free labor to start, you are likely to have a part time job in very short order if you are reliable. I have hired a lot of techs in my day, and initiative is one of the first things I always looks for. Internships with students are commonplace. (Though to be fair usually a year or 3 older) Even if you can't turn it into that exact job, 6 months on the job and a good reference will go a long ways towards getting you something.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
deliver pizzas its not a hard job.

has anyone ever thought to work at home as a streamer?? GETTIN' PAID WHILE DOING SOMETHING U LOVE

2 bird with one stone, I AM A FUKKING GENIUS lol
You have to get lucky for this to work though i'd only try it to get some extra money.

Growing up doesn't mean leaving your childhood behind there is still time for stuff. You can do stuff after work its not like you work for the entire day. Just live at your parents house for as long as you can theres no rush on getting a full time job you won't need it until later in life a small job is enough to buy games an stuff like that but when you move out your going to have to get your own food house and stuff. Theres no rush unless your parents are going to kick you out at a certain age. Failing some thing once isn't going to affect you much there isn't a rush to get a full time job.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
deliver pizzas its not a hard job.
At 15?
Permits are not issued until 16 in the OP's state.
Even then those under 18 face serious restrictions at night that would prevent them from doing pizza delivery, barring them doing additional testing.

https://dmv.ny.gov/org/driver-license/upstate-new-york-junior-driver-license-restrictions
https://dmv.ny.gov/younger-driver/new-york-city-five-boroughs-junior-license-restriction-0
https://dmv.ny.gov/younger-driver/long-island-nassau-suffolk-junior-driver-license-restrictions

A scooter/moped is also not an option here if you were thinking that.

Nobody is going to do by foot or pushbike there either.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently 15 years old and i am starting the process of getting my working papers. Im gonna be honest, i dont want to work at a mcdonalds or a place where i might not be happy. There are a few places around where i live that are computer repair places. As far as I know the both arent hiring but if they were tio hire or need help would i be able to work there even though im 15. I dont really care if i am getting paid minimum wage as long as i am doing somthing that i love. I need help from all you older tempers out there!!!!!
star a fake inde go go page

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were talking about the possibilities after dropping out of high-school, not about getting work-experience while still studying. Your ego-fulled rant therefore had very little to do with his situation. So going back to that, yes he should be prepared to work at McDonalds or Wallmart while working while studying if he wants to make a buck. Yes, by all means apply for jobs related to technology, and maybe he might luck into one if he "markets" himself. But he needs to be prepared to do a shitty job should that not work out. In fact; having a job at one of those places will make him more likely to be accepted for a technology job in the future; because it shows he's prepared to work and graft and not consider certain tasks "below" him.

Yea it was... see above.

Sure did... I rode the arrogance wave for a while punching above my weight but eventually my luck ran out and I was forced back into education before I could move on. Hope your luck keeps up. If you've made enough contacts and sincerely have a lot of experience in a variety of areas you should be fine.

I was thinking about how to come back at this, but I'm not trying to bicker with someone on the internet about how to feel successful.
We both obviously find success and happiness from very different places and that's okay.

Reactions: Dominator211

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.